coronavirus

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I posted on the village Facebook group last night. I work at the local tesco and twice yesterday a 60 year old Grandma was in tears after being verbally abused -for want of a better description- by customers. The second was a 6ft bloke. Its not the first time this has happened to staff. My post got 440 response and 180 comments :0 I wasnt doing it to self righteous, just to point out its unacceptable. Im 6ft 4. I wonder if hed have confronted me?

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

2 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Well I posted on the village Facebook group last night. I work at the local tesco and twice yesterday a 60 year old Grandma was in tears after being verbally abused -for want of a better description- by customers. The second was a 6ft bloke. Its not the first time this has happened to staff. My post got 440 response and 180 comments :0 I wasnt doing it to self righteous, just to point out its unacceptable. Im 6ft 4. I wonder if hed have confronted me?

I was in Sainsbury's the other day, and one of their workers walked past me, just as a colleague asked her how things were going. Her answer was "nothing a baseball bat wouldn't fix". :kolobok_biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On the hand washing thing, is the skin on your hand all dried up? If not, I am judging you!

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

7 minutes ago, Damien said:

Mine are. I am actually having real issues with my children at the moment and their dry, chapped hands.

My old mum always reckoned you should wee on chapped hands and then put on a pair of wooly mittens. Bizarely it does seem to work although in later life I prefer to use Neutrogena….

4 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

My old mum always reckoned you should wee on chapped hands and then put on a pair of wooly mittens. Bizarely it did work although in later life I prefer to use Neutrogena….

I assume you mean wee on your own hands ?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Just now, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Of course, anything else would be odd...…..

what people are doing in their houses during lockdown is their business

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

BBC TV this afternoon at 1.30. Victoria Darbyshire programme was a model of clarity. Explained the current rules, showed how and why social distancing works in reducing the spread of the virus. No one watching could be in sny doubt as to what they could and could not do. 

5.30 Pm. BBC Radio 5 Live. Phone in. A mess, confusing, only made things worse. A caller: can I go out to exercise twice, once on my own, once with my kids. Programme host: it's confusing isn't it! 

NO ITS NOT. IT'S BLUDDY WELL NOT CONFUSING!!!!!!!! 

1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

On the hand washing thing, is the skin on your hand all dried up? If not, I am judging you!

You need some decent hand moisturiser. That much I learnt when I was on manual peritoneal dialysis when a 2 minute handwash was needed each time, not this 20second ###### ??

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I was in Sainsbury's the other day, and one of their workers walked past me, just as a colleague asked her how things were going. Her answer was "nothing a baseball bat wouldn't fix". :kolobok_biggrin:

Probably a bit ###### they have to work while the rest of us get to stay at home with 80% ?

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Of course, anything else would be odd...…..

There'll be somebody out there paying a fortune for it , probably a Tory MP ( there are other political parties available ) ?

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Probably a bit ###### they have to work while the rest of us get to stay at home with 80% ?

Boh my wife and myself are still working full time, "the rest" are not having an 80% pay holiday.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived