Jump to content

coronavirus


Recommended Posts

Just now, Kayakman said:

A woman tried to do the same thing here at the local grocery store...she was told no refunds but she could stand in front of the store and give people free rolls of paper or she could donate it in the food bank hamper by the front store on her way out.

I've no sympathy for folk who are looking at empty bank accounts or maxed credit cards because they've hoarded. A couple of weeks ago, I was happily writing it off as "they're scared, give them some slack". Not now, that patience has long gone.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18 degrees forecast for sunday... that will keep everyone indoors....!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

A woman tried to do the same thing here at the local grocery store...she was told no refunds but she could stand in front of the store and give people free rolls of paper or she could donate it in the food bank hamper by the front store on her way out.

Good answer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, ckn said:

The Danes and Swedes seem to have some basic civilisation going though, unlike here where people refused to behave.

Listening to the press conference it was said that the Chancellor would be making more announcements to help business in the coming days.

Leads me to ponder if even more restrictive shutdown of all non essential business production and movement is coming in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Listening to the press conference it was said that the Chancellor would be making more announcements to help business in the coming days.

Leads me to ponder if even more restrictive shutdown of all non essential business production and movement is coming in.

Many are just not taking it seriously, even NHS places.

Two examples from today on NHS numpties:

 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, ckn said:

I've no sympathy for folk who are looking at empty bank accounts or maxed credit cards because they've hoarded. A couple of weeks ago, I was happily writing it off as "they're scared, give them some slack". Not now, that patience has long gone.

Speaking to the supermarket delivery driver this week (at an appropriate distance) he said that they were initially delivering £600-700 worth of shopping to households with just 3 or 4 people living there and this was a weekly shop. That’s a lot of bog roll 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think some anonymous internet trolls are about to find out that they're not really anonymous and just how good the police and GCHQ folk really are. They've only avoided attention before from them because they've not really annoyed anyone at a very high level. This time they have.

 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

put 20 quid fuel in at the garage this morning, went to pay - no social distancing - the chav girl behind the counter had no mask, gloves or screen, 2 people in front of me paying by pressing the buttons on the chip n pin machine, after thinking about it I found a 20 note handed it over, not needing change i declined the receipt and left

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

put 20 quid fuel in at the garage this morning, went to pay - no social distancing - the chav girl behind the counter had no mask, gloves or screen, 2 people in front of me paying by pressing the buttons on the chip n pin machine, after thinking about it I found a 20 note handed it over, not needing change i declined the receipt and left

In Australia, for purchases up to $100, we don’t have to enter a PIN. We just hold the card above a chip reader and the money is taken. It works really well for times like this.

In my child’s village in France it goes like this:

- the shop workers tells the customer the price and leaves a container on the counter,

- worker steps back from the counter,

- customer approaches and leaves the cash in the container

- customer steps back

- worker approaches container, takes cash and places change in the container 

- worker steps back

- customer approaches, takes change and leaves.

- worker uses hand sanitizer and process begins again.

Many also use gloves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Copa said:

In Australia, for purchases up to $100, we don’t have to enter a PIN. We just hold the card above a chip reader and the money is taken. It works really well for times like this.

In my child’s village in France it goes like this:

- the shop workers tells the customer the price and leaves a container on the counter,

- worker steps back from the counter,

- customer approaches and leaves the cash in the container

- customer steps back

- worker approaches container, takes cash and places change in the container 

- worker steps back

- customer approaches, takes change and leaves.

- worker uses hand sanitizer and process begins again.

Many also use gloves.

It was £30 until today, £45 from today. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Copa said:

In Australia, for purchases up to $100, we don’t have to enter a PIN. We just hold the card above a chip reader and the money is taken. It works really well for times like this.

 

England has contactless as well, except for West Yorkshire, where large £5 notes and big copper pennies still change hands....

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Toronto likley to be on restrictions for 12 weeks. No Wolfpack home games until at least July.

The SL season as a meaningful comp is pretty much gone I reckon.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, tim2 said:

England has contactless as well, except for West Yorkshire, where large £5 notes and big copper pennies still change hands....

the only contactless I know is my sex life

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CKN,

   Unfortunately it is the British way, always look for loopholes. Here in Spain one of the laws is that only one person at a time can leave the house to either go to the Supermarket,Pharmacy,Doctors or Bank. You can walk your dog only for a toilet break, not for a long walk.

Just this morning a neighbour 3 villas away, English. Walked past my villa with a different dog than his own. I asked him where he got this dog from, he had been to a Dog Rescue Centre to ask if they would let him take a dog out.as he already had a dog he was concerned that it might not get along with another dog. He has got this dog for a month.I said to my wife watch what happens now, sure enough he carried on walking across  the fields opposite me, his wife then came out with their dog walked a different way to the fields and then continued to walk together until they reached the next main road ,then separated and walked different ways back home.It is very irritating when the wife and I are rigidly sticking to the lockdown laws along with 95% of others but some people are willing to put others at risk just to prove they can do what they want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ckn said:

It was £30 until today, £45 from today. 

so when you lose the card - people who find it or steal it can spend more of your money while you cant get through to any one at the bank on the fone to cancel it because of the virus 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

so when you lose the card - people who find it or steal it can spend more of your money while you cant get through to any one at the bank on the fone to cancel it because of the virus 

I have no contactless cards, I do contactless through my phone which has its additional security measures. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ckn said:

I have no contactless cards, I do contactless through my phone which has its additional security measures. 

And the highest contactless payment I’ve made was about £900 because some places have no limit on secured contactless like ApplePay. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've noticed that, with my card, I still have to do the PIN thing every now and then. Too many contactless transactions in a row, and it requires the extra security check of entering the number. You can have your card stolen and have a certain amount taken, but the card then becomes useless without the PIN.

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I've noticed that, with my card, I still have to do the PIN thing every now and then. Too many contactless transactions in a row, and it requires the extra security check of entering the number. You can have your card stolen and have a certain amount taken, but the card then becomes useless without the PIN.

Yes, many banks will have a number of transactions and a £ limit before a pin needs to be entered either at an atm or payment terminal. 

It can be surprisingly low at some places. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

so when you lose the card - people who find it or steal it can spend more of your money while you cant get through to any one at the bank on the fone to cancel it because of the virus 

If you innocently lose your card and somebody fraudulently uses it, you will generally get the money covered by the bank. 

Many banks now offer a 'freeze' facility which means you can nip into the app and freeze the card if you think you've lost it. You can u freeze it if you find it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

things like big shout outs on the radio for truck drivers working "flat out" to keep the country going are getting annoying, truck drivers are restricted to strict driving hours and practices and cant work any more hours than before or face big penalties or even having their licence revoked 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Don’t worry, on the main board, they’re already planning restarting rugby league once the peak has passed inside the next fortnight.

They are seriously deluded , well one of them is ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...