we need army on the streets and strict laws put in place that are the same for everyone not classed as essential workers, we have been working but just the same 2 of us outdoors until 4 rougharse roofers turned up on our job today, coughing and spitting all over the place, drove home just to see youths chasing each other round a park that is supposed to be closed, get tough and do it now- no exceptions - if those youths were taking 60 quid fines home to their parents things may be different.

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

little park at end of our road was packed again with folks feeding ducks. and even gardener turned up to cut grass next door while her husbands in hospital.:kolobok_punish:

• Sad 1

Our country's leader is in good hands.

But enough about Dominic Cummings...

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

There's folk out there saying that we should abandon the lockdown on Monday coming as that'll be "when promised". Are they f***ing insane?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

9 minutes ago, ckn said:

There's folk out there saying that we should abandon the lockdown on Monday coming as that'll be "when promised". Are they f***ing insane?

When was that promised?

things have got to a point where CKN is trying to get round his own swearing filter, this really is serious stuff!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

19 minutes ago, ckn said:

No, just infantile, self-centred and unable to read a calendar.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

things have got to a point where CKN is trying to get round his own swearing filter, this really is serious stuff!

Yes .... why put * * * when everyone knows what he means ?

If the word is not allowed then why does that make any difference ?  Especially when supposedly as a moderator !

12 minutes ago, Damien said:

When was that promised?

Johnson said 3 weeks to start then review.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

17 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Yes .... why put * * * when everyone knows what he means ?

If the word is not allowed then why does that make any difference ?  Especially when supposedly as a moderator !

who moderates the moderators? they do seem to go a bit power crazy from time to time, lets not be too harsh though even though ckn comes across as the sort of guy who lays awake at night worrying about a slow puncture on his car  am sure best intentions are all there , some one has to do the job or the forums would descend in to chaos

Edited by graveyard johnny

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

who moderates the moderators? they do seem to go a bit power crazy from time to time, lets not be too harsh though even though ckn comes across as the sort of guy who lays awake at night worrying about a slow puncture on his car  am sure best intentions are all there 

It might just be me but I just can't understand why people think it's OK to use such abbreviations when they know it's wrong to use the actual word it is supposed to be replacing. In fact, although some people might use such language when in conversation, that is often just an unpremeditated action whereas they actually have time to think what they are writing before they do it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

It might just be me but I just can't understand why people think it's OK to use such abbreviations when they know it's wrong to use the actual word it is supposed to be replacing. In fact, although some people might use such language when in conversation, that is often just an unpremeditated action whereas they actually have time to think what they are writing before they do it.

agreed- if a moderator is gonna do that its double standards and sets a poor example to the trl posters

• Like 1

anyway= back on thread...………..

42 minutes ago, ckn said:

As insane as the person I know who's just been bragging on FB about how he's just finished his 13th shift in 15 days whilst recovering from Covid-19 symptoms...…..

• Sad 5

I love my ignore settings. Seeing those posts marked ignored and I have a little smile to myself. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

we need army on the streets and strict laws put in place that are the same for everyone not classed as essential workers, we have been working but just the same 2 of us outdoors until 4 rougharse roofers turned up on our job today, coughing and spitting all over the place, drove home just to see youths chasing each other round a park that is supposed to be closed, get tough and do it now- no exceptions - if those youths were taking 60 quid fines home to their parents things may be different.

I recall that a significant proportion of fines are not ever paid. 

Four legs good - two legs bad

39 minutes ago, ckn said:

Johnson said 3 weeks to start then review.

Johnson may well have said that, but he didn't promise.  That's the way the media works these days. An intention, a target, a wish, a hope.. all are thrown back by the media as "you promised'

• Like 2

Four legs good - two legs bad

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

Johnson may well have said that, but he didn't promise.  That's the way the media works these days. An intention, a target, a wish, a hope.. all are thrown back by the media as "you promised'

Absolutely. 

• Like 1

It’s amazing what horrors humans get used to. Two weeks ago we were in horror at the Italian numbers we’re seeing in the UK today. Yet it’s here today and not really rocking us the same way. 

• Like 2

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

26 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Has the media done that? I've not seen any media say that is what he promised.

20 minutes ago, ckn said:

It’s amazing what horrors humans get used to. Two weeks ago we were in horror at the Italian numbers we’re seeing in the UK today. Yet it’s here today and not really rocking us the same way. 

Yes , it doesn't take long for the unbelievable to become the normal 🙁