27 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

⚠️ Warning ⚠️ light-hearted post! 

Most of my friends are setting themselves silly physical challenges (running a marathon round the garden etc) during these strange times... 

I’ve done something else... bake a chocolate cake. And this is the result... (yes - that’s two sponges that haven’t risen!). C- at best... 

?

E9107A9E-C2C1-40A1-A5B1-C5064362BA4E.jpeg

Nice, I see the you have the " Le Creuset " logo on that jar turned outwards for maximum snob value. My wife does the same.

• Haha 3

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well... after 66 days in ICU my sister's fella who was described as being as near to death as can be without dying.... has made it. He's home. Half the fella he was.... and the virus has ravaged his l

I'm not putting up with this goading of a volunteer moderator who does a sterling job on my behalf generally on here, but especially recently when I was ill for almost a month with what might well hav

Well my sister's fella is making very small steps in the right direction. From being described as as near to death without being dead, he's now sat up, off dialysis and yesterday was breathing on

Posted Images

YAY!  One of the British modified ventilators has been approved.  (I never thought I would write that sentence!)  Formula 1 and the other Challenge manufacturers will now get on with producing loads of them.

The modified CPAP is now being manufactured in big numbers too as they've also been approved.  It's good that the engineers who designed it have uploaded the specs for free and apparently - according to the TV news tonight - 25 countries have expressed an interest.  

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Just for a bit of light relief, with his monkey puzzle tree in the background here's BBC North West's great weatherman ...

Was gutted when he left look north. Owain is a breath of fresh air. He's fun, infectious fun....and has style. Few can rock a suit like owain can.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Was gutted when he left look north. Owain is a breath of fresh air. He's fun, infectious fun....and has style. Few can rock a suit like owain can.

Yes he's a brilliant weatherman and a natural in front of the camera. As someone once said - " I'd like to meet his tailor ".

That's one for the music buffs  on here.

And his hair was perfect!

5 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Warren.... showing your age!!?

• Like 1
Even though our utter, unquestioned dominance in the sport has ended, all Wiganers believe that we are really just indulgently letting the other teams win for a while in order to make it more interesting.

Stuart Maconie, Cider with Roadies

"cause people often talk about being scared of change but for me I'm more afraid of things staying the same cause the game is never won by standing in any one place for too long"

Nick Cave

20 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Aye, he's definitely got the sharp suit sorted.  And yes, he is fun.  He's been especially appreciated during the lockdown.  Sorry we nicked him from you!

But I'm suffering from drum envy.  I always wanted to learn the drums and began lessons a few years back but I couldn't afford a kit, and indeed didn't have anywhere to put one even if I'd had the money, so all I have left now are tattered dreams and two rather good drum sticks!  So I just love what he does to the opening track.  He plays well, especially considering he is self-taught.  

1 hour ago, Saintslass said:

Aye, he's definitely got the sharp suit sorted.  And yes, he is fun.  He's been especially appreciated during the lockdown.  Sorry we nicked him from you!

But I'm suffering from drum envy.  I always wanted to learn the drums and began lessons a few years back but I couldn't afford a kit, and indeed didn't have anywhere to put one even if I'd had the money, so all I have left now are tattered dreams and two rather good drum sticks!  So I just love what he does to the opening track.  He plays well, especially considering he is self-taught.  

if you can ever find a set (discontinued now) look for a set or Arbiter Flat Lites - a drum kit that takes up little space, can be played for acoustic sets but is not electronic

image.jpeg.1a84e50c939ea3fe765921e245abb909.jpeg

• Like 1

Breaking news - which is a potential game changer where I live.

The deputy head of district is the first confirmed case positive for Covid-19. 

https://makassar.tribunnews.com/2020/04/16/breaking-news-hasil-swab-wakil-bupati-tana-toraja-dinyatakan-positif-corona

At first, it smelt like fake news, but this morning he has posted a video himself from the hospital isolation ward on YouTube. So, unless he's scamming us...

He is completely symptomless, but had a 'quick test' along with other people while promoting this test for market workers and drivers, which came up positive.

Following this, he then had a swab test, which was then taken directly by the doctor to a hospital lab in Makassar (200 miles away), which has also turned out to be positive.

He will have been mixing with many people while most of us have been in lockdown and probably travelling around quite a bit too, effectively quite high risk. 

As I've stated before, there are zero facilities here to deal with any kind of outbreak. The area has a population of 440k. Up until now, I felt fairly confident that the remoteness of the region and fairly prompt "lockdown" would protect us here, but now there may be more of a fight on.

5 minutes ago, Wholly Trinity said:

Data from Johns Hopkins via BBC as ever.

Have we turned the corner this time?

Using 7-day moving average to smooth the spikes.

962891327_dailymortality15-4-20.thumb.png.c92bb93117bbd4606123592cdc04ca43.png

Today will tell with the statistics. The one you really need to pay attention to is the infection rate as the death count follows that by around 2 weeks.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

16 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

⚠️ Warning ⚠️ light-hearted post! 

Most of my friends are setting themselves silly physical challenges (running a marathon round the garden etc) during these strange times... 

I’ve done something else... bake a chocolate cake. And this is the result... (yes - that’s two sponges that haven’t risen!). C- at best... 

?

E9107A9E-C2C1-40A1-A5B1-C5064362BA4E.jpeg

If you can afford Crueset jazz for your plethora of wooden spoons, buy some decent pop!

51 minutes ago, ckn said:

Today will tell with the statistics. The one you really need to pay attention to is the infection rate as the death count follows that by around 2 weeks.

Similar pattern really?

Just with Germany further up the scale because they've done much more testing to reveal more cases.

2012537349_DailyCases15-4-20.thumb.png.cc0b0105d2375e6aa27729467d89f7eb.png

When our testing capacity increases to 100,000 by the end of the month (stop laughing), then our cases may actually rise as we pick up more mild cases or nurses and care workers being tested more regularly. Hospital admissions might be the best to go on but even that's not a guaranteed indicator as the threshold for admissions could change.

All things considered, if we don't see a big rise today then i'll be happy that we're at the peak or thereabouts. How long it takes to fall significantly and whether we'll get any more waves is another matter. I'm much more optimistic than I was a week or two ago.

Edited by fevtom
  • Like 1

Dear fellow TRL members, this obviously won't apply to you as you're too intelligent as evidenced by your choice of this forum for your rugby fandom. BUT, don't take chloroquine without a NHS doctor specifically prescribing it to you or telling you that you can. Another non-COVID patient from our area in A&E today where it has caused serious side effects.

I know you're scared but poisoning yourself isn't the answer.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

39 minutes ago, ckn said:

Dear fellow TRL members, this obviously won't apply to you as you're too intelligent as evidenced by your choice of this forum for your rugby fandom. BUT, don't take chloroquine without a NHS doctor specifically prescribing it to you or telling you that you can. Another non-COVID patient from our area in A&E today where it has caused serious side effects.

I know you're scared but poisoning yourself isn't the answer.

Rubbish , Donald said it was fine ?