2 hours ago, Damien said:

I've lost count of the amount of people I  have come across who have said I am not well but it's just a cold, it's not coronavirus etc. Surely in some people coronavirus can be just like that, however for the poor people they infect who are more severely affected....

My girlfriend and I met up with 2 couples earlier this week for a catch up as one had just got back from Aus. When we met up one of the returning couple said that they weren't well, and had hidden behind her husband when going through Singapore airport on the way home as she felt like she had a temperature and wanted to dodge the temp sensor that they were using. The pregnant doctor who we were with was not impressed at all! Usually a sensible couple and I'm sure they would be mortified if they passed it on to anyone, especially anyone vulnerable, but possibly just have done for the sake of a pint and catch up.

I didn't go and visit my grandparents a couple of days later as planned.

If you need a GP appointment, even if you don't have COVID-19 symptoms, and the receptionist tells you that you're getting a telephone appointment only. PLEASE don't shout at the receptionist, it's not their fault, it's people like me telling them that they must do this. More than a few practices around our patch are reporting receptionists being threatened and patients getting agressive over not getting face-to-face appointments.

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I'm already planning on using Covid-19 as my excuse for not taking my mother out for lunch next sunday

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Go ahead, please.

I thought you had heart issues!

• Haha 2

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Just now, Shadow said:

I'm already planning on using Covid-19 as my excuse for not taking my mother out for lunch next sunday

Here's where you can take her to REALLY feel loved. The M4 Junction 10 Holiday Inn.

image.png

Football called off for a fortnight. England cricket tour cancelled. Unless RFL and Superleague follow suit, this could give our game a great boost by extra television coverage.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

35 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Football called off for a fortnight. England cricket tour cancelled. Unless RFL and Superleague follow suit, this could give our game a great boost by extra television coverage.

NRL to go behind closed doors after Round 1. Of course, even that could change by the end of the weekend.

In other news, my employers have confirmed that we will all be working from home from now on, until we see what develops.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

2 hours ago, Shadow said:

Do you have a very particular set of skills? :kolobok_biggrin:

I thought you said this was nothing to worry about ?

• Like 1

I’m not going to play down the potential seriousness of this outbreak but I’m literally doing nothing different to what I do all year round. I always wash my hands regularly (and properly) and am one of those people who won’t use the handle on the toilet door without covering it or using my foot/arm. I always move away from muppets coughing and spluttering everywhere. It possibly helps that I work in an environment that would have coronavirus running for the exit. 

Oh and we always buy bog roll in bulk anyway, it saves money. Certainly coming in handy now anyway. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

People in Norway, Denmark and Sweden will not be able to buy anything so as to prevent them handing over any Krona-virus !

Oof!  :kolobok_biggrin:

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

49 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Oh and we always buy bog roll in bulk anyway...

sc*mbag

Edited by Dave T

41 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

163 cases last Friday, now 798. 

Nice.

And remember that we've not been testing people outside of hospital admitted patients since Wednesday.

26 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Farmfoods. Bargains much cheapness. 

Even cheaper at Costco*... but now limited to one pack per household

(* A pack might cost more but Costco's have more sheets per roll and thus makes it cheaper per sheet).

5 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

(* A pack might cost more but Costco's have more sheets per roll and thus makes it cheaper per sheet).

As i have said we always buy a 96 pack from Costco and rebuy when down to last 8 (have 20 currently)

1 minute ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Think you have to have a membership card for Costco though? Farmfoods let any old toe rag in. 

• Haha 2

Just now, SSoutherner said:

As i have said we always buy a 96 pack from Costco and rebuy when down to last 8 (have 20 currently)

You’ll soon be like something out of Breaking Bad. ???

33 minutes ago, ckn said:

And remember that we've not been testing people outside of hospital admitted patients since Wednesday.

Well that's concerning.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

An interesting side-effect to match the one of these that was put out about China

I was sat in an Italian cafe in Harrogate this morning with 3 other people and the owner talking about Coronavirus. In walks this fella and over hearing our convo declares he's been told to go home due to the virus as he has a sore throat. "Kevin" I asked "why are you in here and not at home?".  "I feel fine," he says. No amount of shaming this tool would get him to put down his latte and go home.

So folks we're getting it regardless, as there's too many numpties about.

On the plus side at least we'll have good immunity for when it mutates and comes back next winter.