At home all day today after having a massive job cancel.

Suns out, so wondered out into the garden with a coffee to have a read and listen to the radio, my backside hadn't hit the seat before our neighbours in there 70's had closed all the doors, shut there windows and sent me a text asking me to let them know when I'd gone back in.

They are currently in good health but staying at home, I have no symptoms, they know I have none as we'd been talking by text to see if and what shopping they needed.  There was 20 meters from were I was sat to there house.

Clearer information is needed either on there part or mine.

• Like 2

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well... after 66 days in ICU my sister's fella who was described as being as near to death as can be without dying.... has made it. He's home. Half the fella he was.... and the virus has ravaged his l

I'm not putting up with this goading of a volunteer moderator who does a sterling job on my behalf generally on here, but especially recently when I was ill for almost a month with what might well hav

Well my sister's fella is making very small steps in the right direction. From being described as as near to death without being dead, he's now sat up, off dialysis and yesterday was breathing on

Posted Images

1 minute ago, shrek said:

Suns out, so wondered out into the garden with a coffee to have a read and listen to the radio, my backside hadn't hit the seat before our neighbours in there 70's had closed all the doors, shut there windows and sent me a text asking me to let them know when I'd gone back in.

They are currently in good health but staying at home, I have no symptoms, they know I have none as we'd been talking by text to see if and what shopping they needed.  There was 20 meters from were I was sat to there house.

Theirs. HTH. ?

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

8 minutes ago, shrek said:

i did try and find an answer to "how far it too close for corunavirus" and i could find news stories saying basically"chinese find it can travel further than expected - it can manage  to travel UP TO 4.5m"

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Felicity Kendal and Diane Keen.

Duly noted and included:

I've realised that there is local news to consider as well so I've added these to the overall panel:

North: Christine Talbot, Joe Pike and Jo Blyth

Midlands: Shefali Oza and Mary Rhodes

Wales: Fran Donovan & Ioan Gruffydd

South of Watford:

Gregg Wallace, Diane Abbott and Esther Rantzen

?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

11 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Duly noted and included:

I've realised that there is local news to consider as well so I've added these to the overall panel:

South of Watford:

?

Susie Dent, Kate Silverton and Zeinab Badawi please

I now have a vision of Wolford doing an impression of Alan Partridge and going

Yes, yes and yes :kolobok_biggrin:

Edited by Shadow
4 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I see all that and raise you Nina Hossain. With the weather covered by Lucy Verasamy.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

15 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

i did try and find an answer to "how far it too close for corunavirus" and i could find news stories saying basically"chinese find it can travel further than expected - it can manage  to travel UP TO 4.5m"

I read that, from memory there was a case of two people on a bus, sitting a few rows back that led to the 4.5m claim in China, but I haven't seen it widely reported.

5 minutes ago, shrek said:

I read that, from memory there was a case of two people on a bus, sitting a few rows back that led to the 4.5m claim in China, but I haven't seen it widely reported.

But it depends if it gets some extra initial propulsion through an unguarded cough or sneeze rather than just passive breathing.

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

But it depends if it gets some extra initial propulsion through an unguarded cough or sneeze rather than just passive breathing.

Yes and i usually assume the worst scare story you can find online is a 50% exaggeration so i would work on 3M

22 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Duly noted and included. Obviously, Gregg Wallace, Diane Abbott and Esther Rantzen have to "Remain" in. I've also took the sensible precaution of adding John Inverdale.

I think you have a mistaken 'impression' about Steve Coogan and me. He might choose to imitate me because, as a Lancastrian his impressions are more than likely based on wanting to be somebody else. Apart from when he was Paul Calf but, even then, he pretended to be Pauline Calf.

Edited by Wolford6

The homeless are one of our highest priorities given the state of the system in protecting them in normal times. That means things like this just wind me up endlessly when we're asking these people to put themselves in literal harm's way as volunteers.

FFS...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

30 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Duly noted and included:

South of Watford:

?

Fred Dinenage is still doing local news programmes on Meridian. Tempt Bunty James out of retirement and we could have half of How? going.

25 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

Can we have a Floella Benjamin playschool rerun section of the day as well ?

Plus original rentaghost and blakes7 reruns

Reruns of Shoestring (wasn't Radio West receptionist Liz Crowther lovely) and The Chinese Detective would be welcome.

MV5BNDQ5NjM4NzQtNzVlOC00YTk5LWEzM2UtYjk2NDVlYTVjY2JiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODUyNTY3NzE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1333,1000_AL_.jpg

Edited by Hopping Mad
2 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Fred Dinenage is still doing local news programmes on Meridian. Tempt Bunty James out of retirement and we could have half of How? going.

Has he still got the comb-over? Could be a dealbreaker.

I don't think Floella is eyecandy now she's in the House of Lords and gone all serious .

However, Here's Pauline Calf in case Shadow never caught her act at Sandhurst.

12 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

I don't think Floella is eyecandy now she's in the House of Lords and gone all serious .

Hence is specified her earlier playschool phase

Talking about Sandhurst - i was at the local TA barracks last night and there were a large number of completely unmarked white transits, transit connects, vauxhall combis, minibuses and 4 17T trucks. I asked and was told they are the local strategic transport reserve (for getting essential workers to work and supplies to where they are needed) - i joked luckily no big refrigerated units and was told in all seriousness "they are parked elsewhere so it does not spook people"

I was actually glad these things do appear to have been planned

Just realised an issue here

My wife is working from home, originally for 7 days as someone in another company in the same building was self isolating but now they have been told to work at home until further notice - she is using my desktop as she needs teamviewer and a whole load of remote access at a decent speed (she does cctv tech spt)

Great but if i have to work from home - she is using my PC 

We never even thought about both of us ever needing to work from home, with also 2 daughters learning from home, 1 of whom is in final throws of ALevel prep

• Like 1