3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Hmmm. Not so sure. Evidence?

The largest bog roll factory in the UK is in Manchester. 

They have masses and masses of bog roll in reserve and have no shortage of workers or supplies to make even more. 

People have been buying bog roll in massive excess for 2 weeks. 

There's no bog roll on the shelves still. 

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well... after 66 days in ICU my sister's fella who was described as being as near to death as can be without dying.... has made it. He's home. Half the fella he was.... and the virus has ravaged his l

I'm not putting up with this goading of a volunteer moderator who does a sterling job on my behalf generally on here, but especially recently when I was ill for almost a month with what might well hav

Well my sister's fella is making very small steps in the right direction. From being described as as near to death without being dead, he's now sat up, off dialysis and yesterday was breathing on

Posted Images

Given it's increasingly difficult to buy pasta, rice, bread, etc, does this mean as a nation we've collectively rejected the atkins diet? ?

• Haha 2

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

It's not hard to come to the conclusion they want people coming into their locations more and more often, it's a dream come true to the big players. just on the off chance there's some bog roll or some paracetamol or some pasta. Finding none and buying anything / something else instead. Then coming in again and again repeating the pattern. 

59 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Just spoke to next door they are both teachers at the same school and have been told they’ll have to put their kids into nursery as they will both be in. When clearly the obvious answer is one of them to stay home with their kids while the other goes in. 

But if they are the only two who are able to keep the school open, that will be the best option. At this current time though, I agree.

2 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

We aren't currently testing anyone with the antibody test. We need to start that.

There is an argument. The people in charge will make errors. 

That we are not set up for testing when we would have been in a better position several years ago is notable. But, what we should do now is not a straight forward issue. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

The antibody test will be a quick and simple blood test. I have swathes of staff self-isolating wha are desperate to return to work. I’ve no doubt this is the same in the NHS. A good number of them will not have the virus. I say it is in the interests of the country to remobilise these people as soon as possible, as a high priority. 

• Like 1

The UK loses 10,000 people every year to the flu. Given that it's primarily a winter infection, we can estimate 500 per week for 20 weeks.

According to the Daily Mail today, we have lost 240 to Coronavirus in, say, 2 months. That's 30 a week. The UK is, on the face of it, completely over-reacting.

• Like 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

If you have symptoms you should self isolate and will not be tested unless you are admitted to hospital.

This morning on teletext it was reported that one football club had tested ALL staff and players.

One rule for one and one for others.

Can someone justify this please.

41 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

cant go to the pub but its ok to queue in the chippy wtf?

Said exactly the same..... 

Some were whinging that wath tap was doing outsales. They weren't letting anyone in the pub. Card sales only. Bring their own container.

Those complaining about it being open had just spent ten mins queuing for fish n chips in the shop next door

Just now, gittinsfan said:

If you have symptoms you should self isolate and will not be tested unless you are admitted to hospital.

This morning on teletext it was reported that one football club had tested ALL staff and players.

One rule for one and one for others.

Can someone justify this please.

The club will have paid for it to be done. I daresay someone somewhere will take your money to test you.

1 minute ago, Robin Evans said:

Some were whinging that wath tap was doing outsales. They weren't letting anyone in the pub. Card sales only. Bring their own container.

Those complaining about it being open had just spent ten mins queuing for fish n chips in the shop next door

People need meals. Supermarkets are letting us down big time. Should maintain a 2m minimum spacing in queue though. 

11 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

The UK loses 10,000 people every year to the flu. Given that it's primarily a winter infection, we can estimate 500 per week for 20 weeks.

According to the Daily Mail today, we have lost 240 to Coronavirus in, say, 2 months. That's 30 a week. The UK is, on the face of it, completely over-reacting.

A lot of what you post is explained by the implication that you read the Daily Mail.

It's true there's no cure for stupid but stopping reading that would mitigate a lot of your symptoms.

• Like 2

Don't have much time for Sturgeon but a good line from her today: if your life feels close to normal right now then you're doing something wrong.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Because, as I said earlier, those in power don't realise how 'thick' folk are (or for Bob8, they think they're brighter than they are) and believe they'll act sensibly and rationally in the current circumstances. Full lockdown will be coming sooner rather than later because they can't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
57 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

We aren't currently testing anyone with the antibody test. We need to start that.

Is this the test that is currently being trialled in the UK on humans?  Or is it another test?  I'm getting confused with the reference to testing.

Incidentally, Germany, that mega tester, is - according to reports - suggesting that as the number of cases rise, testing itself is becoming less and less useful because they cannot keep up with the number of cases.

• Like 1
Just now, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Because, as I said earlier, those in power don't realise how 'thick' folk are (or for Bob8, they think they're brighter than they are) and believe they'll act sensibly and rationally in the current circumstances. Full lockdown will be coming sooner rather than later because they can't.

My instinct is that the majority of people are being sensible and taking everything on board.  Some folk are terrified (like my mum).  As ever though there is the minority who couldn't give an piece of excrement and they, as ever, are ruining everything for the rest of us.

3 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Is this the test that is currently being trialled in the UK on humans?  Or is it another test?  I'm getting confused with the reference to testing.

Incidentally, Germany, that mega tester, is - according to reports - suggesting that as the number of cases rise, testing itself is becoming less and less useful because they cannot keep up with the number of cases.

The government have just ordered 1 million of these. They are not currently in use. It is a pin-pr1ck blood test.

Edited by Northern Eel
1 hour ago, Saint 1 said:

There's a good thread here on "panic buying", which seems to fit with my own buying habits.

The issue is the extra 10% being concentrated on a relatively small range of long lasting items and essentials.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

.  As ever though there is the minority who couldn't give an piece of excrement and they, as ever, are ruining everything for the rest of us.

There's an awful lot of them about lass, and by the evidence on show this morning, a good many within the nhs

• Like 1