coronavirus

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

So I haven't been shopping for 4 days.

My daughter will get us some milk etc but before long I am going to need a top up and things like washing powder and liquids are heavy. So I ordered on line, well I tried to order on line. I completed a list which was by no complete but would do.

I got to the vinegar stroke on the choose a slot page of the Tesco website. No slots available to the last option of 11 April. So non available to pick.

Went to Morrison's and tried to order. Another long winded procedure but the option of slots ended on 28 March.

That's an hour of my life I will never get back.

I'm sure you have learnt the lesson now mate, but you should select your slot before you start shopping. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 2017/18 overall all-cause influenza-attributable mortality was estimated to be 25.4 (95%CI 25.0-25.8) per 100,000 population; 118.2 (116.4-119.9) for persons aged 65. Extending to the European population this translates into over-all 152,000 deaths.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1198743X19300588

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Just now, Damien said:

So you painted a false picture to blatantly troll.

Absolutely not. I had a cold and a headache recently. Was it Coronavirus? Who knows? What is indicated is that 0.1% of the population have felt bad enough to report to a hospital.

I do know that ( a ) it wasn't Pneumonia, because I've had that and ( b ) it never got so unbearable that I dialled 911 or whatever number it is.

If there are 300,000 infections:

•  how many were detained in hospital in comparison to ...
  •   how many were given some medicine to taket and sent home with the instruction to ring back if they were struggling to breathe?

53 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Just about manage a lasagne , horrible horrible stuff 

Agree totally with that.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

THREE junior doctors are reported to have been infected by coronavirus in the same hospital as health workers step up their calls for more support from the Government.

The medics, all aged 30, have been placed on ventilators and are being treated by colleagues in London, health sources told The Sun on Sunday. An insider told the paper: “It is beginning to affect a lot more young people. Some will get mild symptoms — but not all will, and what has happened to the junior doctors shows that."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1258665/London-news-coronavirus-latest-news-junior-doctors-infected-london-hospital-bma

Thought the documentary was very good on Channel 4 tonight.

I like the way at the beginning the expert described how the infection spread.

In summary... typical spread from a infected person for this virus is 1-3... take each of those 3 and they spread it onwards in similar way.. Typically that goes across 10 layers..  thus that original one person spreads it to 59,000 people.  His expertise says that 10% will of those be hospitalised.   Some say it may be 20%.

If you haven't watched the documentry, go Channel 4 equivalent of i-player. Well worth watching for the full hour.

1 hour ago, ckn said:

At least one tabloid isn’t afraid to call it as it is.

There's plenty of stupid going on.

A cousins wife has spent all weekend posting on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram about the stupidity of folk in tourist hot spots.

She also posted a video of her sons 5th birthday on Saturday, candles blown out by the potentially toxic child, portions handed out to all 4 grandparents who were present.  No words!

1 hour ago, redjonn said:

Thought the documentary was very good on Channel 4 tonight.

I like the way at the beginning the expert described how the infection spread.

In summary... typical spread from a infected person for this virus is 1-3... take each of those 3 and they spread it onwards in similar way.. Typically that goes across 10 layers..  thus that original one person spreads it to 59,000 people.  His expertise says that 10% will of those be hospitalised.   Some say it may be 20%.

If you haven't watched the documentry, go Channel 4 equivalent of i-player. Well worth watching for the full hour.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

9 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

I'm sorry the scientifically confirmed figures are unreliable and don't fit with your figures 

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports/

They are not confirmed figures. They are esitmates.

They are not confirmed figures.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

'Downing Street last night angrily denied claims that Dominic Cummings said the lives of pensioners should be sacrificed to coronavirus to help protect the economy.'

In the Daily Mail but, for all the newspaper snobs, apparently it's also been in the Sunday Times.

16 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

'Downing Street last night angrily denied claims that Dominic Cummings said the lives of pensioners should be sacrificed to coronavirus to help protect the economy.'

In the Daily Mail but, for all the newspaper snobs, apparently it's also been in the Sunday Times.

Yes. And in Buzzfeed.

We talked about it yesterday, including the bit from the Sunday Times.

I don't know why they're denying it. It was in the herd immunity modelling they were using.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 hours ago, shrek said:

There's plenty of stupid going on.

A cousins wife has spent all weekend posting on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram about the stupidity of folk in tourist hot spots.

She also posted a video of her sons 5th birthday on Saturday, candles blown out by the potentially toxic child, portions handed out to all 4 grandparents who were present.  No words!

image.png

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Just now, Johnoco said:

https://www.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/watch-mass-brawl-outside-scottish-pub-remains-open-following-government-orders-close-doors-2504696

Some Scottish pubs staying open despite the ban. 

I’m sure Celt will be along soon to look down his nose at northern towns, given this fine example of Scottish class and genteelness. ?

Not according to Nicola Sturgeon

42 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Not according to Nicola Sturgeon

Nicola Sturgeon retweeted a post from her Deputy Chief Constable that said they didn't have powers to close pubs, and she promised to fix that.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

3 minutes ago, ckn said:

Nicola Sturgeon retweeted a post from her Deputy Chief Constable that said they didn't have powers to close pubs, and she promised to fix that.

She could do that just by her and Alex Salmond going into a couple.

3 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

No, they are the clinically confirmed figures mate. 

Screenshot_20200323-084338_Drive.jpg

Clinically confirmed is very different to the total.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

10 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

That's cases, not deaths. I wonder how many cases of flu are recorded over the same period.

Looking at those figurees, it would appear that over 300million people in Europe are plagued by, at worst, 300,000 infections. A stunning 0.1% of the population.

300k infections globally. (341k now) 

7 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Clinically confirmed is very different to the total.

Obviously, but it is not unreliable or misleading or irresponsible as you have been stating on here. It's the most up to date confirmed data and how scientists & mathematicians build their models.  

10 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Absolutely not. I had a cold and a headache recently. Was it Coronavirus? Who knows? What is indicated is that 0.1% of the population have felt bad enough to report to a hospital.

I do know that ( a ) it wasn't Pneumonia, because I've had that and ( b ) it never got so unbearable that I dialled 911 or whatever number it is.

If there are 300,000 infections:

•  how many were detained in hospital in comparison to ...
  •   how many were given some medicine to taket and sent home with the instruction to ring back if they were struggling to breathe?

We know there are 10.5k currently infected patients in a very serious / critical condition globally. 

All set up for home schooling.

No one seems to have told the system that all the schools have been saying they will be using to share work and tasks with pupils.

So it's down. The plan is that it will have the appropriate capacity by Wednesday.

Good work, Firefly. Good work.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived