SL international streaming platform

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, manu266 said:

I don't see the World Club Challenge scheduled on this platform. Will they show it? Is there another international broadcaster for this game? watchNRL? or they forgot us again?

No. This channel/platform is super league only. No WCC, no internationals, no NRLs. Just...err... super league.

51 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

No. This channel/platform is super league only. No WCC, no internationals, no NRLs. Just...err... super league.

You say that like it isn't the champions of Super League playing a game representing the whole of Super League against the champions of the NRL.

Don't blame him, blame the brilliant minds of English RL here. You see, watchNRL they show Internationals, State of Origins, minors leagues, women leagues, I'm pretty sure they show WCC when played on Australian soil. 

Australian vision vs M62 vision, dont look too far for other exemples...

13 minutes ago, manu266 said:

Don't blame him, blame the brilliant minds of English RL here. You see, watchNRL they show Internationals, State of Origins, minors leagues, women leagues, I'm pretty sure they show WCC when played on Australian soil. 

Australian vision vs M62 vision, dont look too far for other exemples...

Yeah, but the stuff WatchNRL shows is usually owned by the NRL as a "product" like the pacific island tests, state of origin, women leagues, etc.

I guess the NRL value their overseas viewers more than SL do.

12 minutes ago, ckn said:

Two posts removed. Please don't promote or even mention non-official streaming platforms on this site.

Did you delete my comment about rugbyleaguehub.com?

They've actually bought the rights to stream SL in Australia and SE Asia.

They are aiming to broadcast all games too. It's all above board.

new rise.jpg

Just now, Pulga said:

Hmmm... that's different to what I'd believed. Do you have a link to that and I'll restore your post?

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

12 minutes ago, ckn said:

Hmmm... that's different to what I'd believed. Do you have a link to that and I'll restore your post?

It's actually so new that I can't get an official source but Steve Mascord and another guy is behind it.

Their site is still incomplete but you can see the start of what they are doing. You'll be able to stream more games in Australia and SE Asia than you can in England.

It will eventually go behind a paywall but is free until they work out the links.

There was a thread over on Reddit about it.

http://reddit.com/r/nrl/comments/f47zlx/jimmy_smith_and_i_have_purchased_super_league/

4 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Not available in the UK

Yep. Like I said, Australia and SE Asia. That's the rights they bought.

new rise.jpg

38 minutes ago, Click said:

You're right - It isn't a Super League game, but it isn't so removed from it that it couldn't make a viewing on SL's internation streaming service.

Totally agree with you mate.

But we subscribers knew it was not covered by the service fee.

27 minutes ago, Pulga said:

Tbf you said it would be available on FB which wouldn't be legal in UK

2 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Tbf you said it would be available on FB which wouldn't be legal in UK

It's geoblocked outside of Australia and SE Asia on Facebook, just like their site.

new rise.jpg

12 minutes ago, Pulga said:

It's funny that they have used untelevised games to test their platform, Salford Toronto for example, meaning its technically possible to broadcast live a game not shown on Sky. But the Canadian fans are ignored on this one...

28 minutes ago, Pulga said:

It's actually so new that I can't get an official source but Steve Mascord and another guy is behind it.

Their site is still incomplete but you can see the start of what they are doing. You'll be able to stream more games in Australia and SE Asia than you can in England.

It will eventually go behind a paywall but is free until they work out the links.

http://reddit.com/r/nrl/comments/f47zlx/jimmy_smith_and_i_have_purchased_super_league/

Yep. Like I said, Australia and SE Asia. That's the rights they bought.

I’ll restore it in a while once I get back to my PC, much easier from there than my phone

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

40 minutes ago, ckn said:

I’ll restore it in a while once I get back to my PC, much easier from there than my phone

Restored.

Archived