Match Thread: Challenge Cup Round 2

I couldn't see an existing thread, so here goes.

Wigan St Pats v West Hull kicked off a few minutes early, and the BBC live stream's a little blocky for me. Currently 0:0.

Still, come on you Greens! :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone on Twitter claiming that the stream is geo-blocked. Aggravating if true.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

St Pats are finally on the scoreboard!

4:18 on 35 minutes.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, EssexRL said:

Of course no sooner do I say that than St Pats score! 

Still correct, though. West Hull look much more coherent and savvy.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Brilliant game so far. These amateur games are always incredibly brutal and full of passion. I really enjoy these early challenge cup rounds.

Agreed. I like the way these early cup matches ease us into the new season; it's a reminder of what the game is all about.

7 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Brilliant game so far. These amateur games are always incredibly brutal and full of passion. I really enjoy these early challenge cup rounds.

Absolutely! Whoever it was at the BBC who decided to show every round is a genius. This is a level of the sport that many have never seen before.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

WSP score first in the second half! Game on?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Someone on Twitter claiming that the stream is geo-blocked. Aggravating if true.

Contractual obligation IIRC. (I seem to recall we had this discussion last year - the BBC only have the rights to show the cup in the UK, so even though the overseas internet rights haven't actually been sold to anyone, they still only show it in the UK.)

Nice try by West Hull to finish the game.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Geographical ignorance, I know, but is that actually St Patrick's church in the background?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived