Sign in to follow this  
Futtocks

Match Thread: Challenge Cup Round 2

5 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I don't know what others think but these challenge cup games are a lot more exciting that a lot of Super League games are. 

Not for mine. To be honest that game was essentially a war between the middle forwards with precious little attacking structure.

I can enjoy both, without denigrating either.

• Like 3

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

York Acorn vs Barrow Island is being live streamed on facebook 

Couple of  latest scores from 14:00 KO's

Milford 6 Rose Bridge 8

Army 0 Skirlaugh 12

Edited by JonM
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

30-10 West Hull FT.

No flattery in the scoreline. West Hull pack very dominant, St Pats very poor.

West Hull  derived the win: slicker, better organised. At times WSP looked al at sea. Different divisions?  

Four legs good - two legs bad

My son's favourite games to ref were in the NCL.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Bentley won 20 18. Praying for a draw against Dons at Keepmoat. It'd be a dream come true and great for the game in the town. On matchday for Dons you can't move for kids in Bentley tops. Good relationship between both clubs.

• Like 1

Army have beaten Skirlaugh after 10 mins+ of golden point!

I've collated today's full results too - https://thetryline.blogspot.com/p/todays-fixtures-and-results.html

Edited by Chris22
  • Like 4

Twitter: @TrylineBlog 
Latest Blog: #SocialMediaReacts - World Club Challenge Special - https://thetryline.blogspot.com/2020/02/socialmediareacts-world-club-challenge.html

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

West Hull  derived the win: slicker, better organised. At times WSP looked al at sea. Different divisions?  

Yes they are in different divisions now. Wigan St Pats at open age level suffer really from being a victim of their own success at youth levels and all the players they lose due to getting signed for pro clubs.

Are all these guys playing free agents? Do the pro teams scout them and sign anybody that looks promising?

14 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

Are all these guys playing free agents? Do the pro teams scout them and sign anybody that looks promising?

Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: yes, but there's often quite a bit more to it than that and you may need someone with more knowledge of the community game to explain what's actually going on.

• Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 hours ago, TIWIT said:

Check the thread  'NCL players to the pro game 2020 ' on the NCL forum.

Every player in the NCL is a non contract player and free agent. The NCL does not allow dual reg. All players are amateur and it is a fertile breading ground especially for Champ  and League 1 sides ,occasionally even up into  SL  , Alex Walmsley being just one example.

The player movement works both ways. I think the West Hull halfbacks today are both ex pro's on amateur registration and therefor  signable into the higher leagues.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Absolutely peeing it down in Mansfield.

Looks like a decent crowd, despite the terrible weather. 

Just now, Eddie said:

Why does it say SHE 0 BRAD 0 though?

I was wondering that. West Bowling are Bradford aren't they so I guess there's that but still not an excuse. 

Buffering... buffering... buffering... and off I go to the Barrow/Worky match stream.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I was wondering that. West Bowling are Bradford aren't they so I guess there's that but still not an excuse. 

They might as well call Sherwood MAN in that case - very poor. 

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Buffering... buffering... buffering... and off I go to the Barrow/Worky match stream.

It’s fine on my tablet, really good picture in fact.