Barrow Raiders v Workington Town

Well, that's me set for the afternoon -  Up The Town.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

I'm planning to watch the Cup tie, but if OurLeague isn't streaming nicely, I will probably switch to this.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I'm planning to watch the Cup tie, but if OurLeague isn't streaming nicely, I will probably switch to this.

Aaaand here I am.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Welcome Futtocks, 15 mins gone and 0 - 0. Two Town players off with lower leg injuries ?.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

It was never going to be fluid stuff in these conditions but fair play for both teams for having a go , the commentators say its down wind for Barrow next half so with only 2 subs Workington are really up against it ., just need to stay free of anymore injuries .

3 minutes ago, Chrome Dome said:

It says Furness Park Prestige Stand.......with what appears to be loads of seats lying in all but the correct direction...not nice.

I'm sure that, like several other Championship & League 1 grounds, it could use some money spent on it. Still a better place to watch RL than say Belle Vue or Wheldon Road though and I like the seagulls flying over, and the distant views of the South Lakeland Fells.

Archived