Burgess is an Aussie!

Tom Burgess has become an Aussie after applying for citizenship in 2018 after quite liking the country or as he puts it, falling in love with the country.

3D827FD2-4BB7-4919-B461-93BD2356B2FC.thumb.jpeg.57ee77e7db7c72c470341d0c5e8350a2.jpeg

After a whirlwind romance he and his girlfriend who is a model ( that’s her job, she is actually a real human being) are engaged to be married. That’s their 5 month old daughter in the photo.

That gale force wind doesn't seem to be affecting anyone except the kid.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

That gale force wind doesn't seem to be affecting anyone except the kid.

Just found the comic strip that it reminded me of.

phtuRzi.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Apparently Diehard he’s dropped down a couple of rungs:

For the third consecutive year, Switzerland is the world's best country, according to a new ranking from U.S. News & World Report.
Here are the top 10 best countries in the 2019, according to U.S. News & World Report:
  1. Switzerland.
  2. Japan. ... 
  3. Canada. ... 
  4. Germany. ... 
  5. United Kingdom. ... 
  6. Sweden. ... 
  7. Australia. ... 
  8. United States. ... 
Now how that is judged would be interesting... 

By the way  

9 Norway

10 France

The publication’s annual ranking compiles responses from more than 20,000 survey participants. Business leaders and citizens from 36 countries evaluate 80 nations according to 75 metrics such as quality of life, economic influence, power, education and eco-friendliness, among other factors.”

16 minutes ago, Graham said:

For the third consecutive year, Switzerland is the world's best country, according to a new ranking from U.S. News & World Report.
Here are the top 10 best countries in the 2019, according to U.S. News & World Report:
  1. Switzerland.
  2. Japan. ... 
  3. Canada. ... 
  4. Germany. ... 
  5. United Kingdom. ... 
  6. Sweden. ... 
  7. Australia. ... 
  8. United States. ... 

I have the right of abode in #1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10. What the hell am i doing in Belgium???

53 minutes ago, Graham said:

1. Switzerland.
  2. Japan. ... 
  3. Canada. ... 
  4. Germany. ... 
  5. United Kingdom. ... 
  6. Sweden. ... 
  7. Australia. ... 
  8. United States. ... 

If we took out Scotland and Wales, we would be much higher

Archived