Josh Dugan turned down an offer from Catalans

Josh Dugan has turned down an offer from Catalans.

Catalans were offering him less than he is on at Cronulla, to be a centre replacement for Brayden WIlliame. Dugan thinks that he can cement a spot in the Cronulla first team despite Cronulla having Matt Moylan at full back and Jesse Ramien and Bronson Xerri as hot prospects for the two centre berths. It is hard to imagine Cronulla playing him on the wing, though they might. Still, Dugan may end up in reserve grade on AU$800,000 a year!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2020-josh-dugan-rejects-catalans-deal-cronulla-sharks-super-league-jesse-ramien-bronson-xerri/news-story/7f6d765c39cbe0951338b29fd14326f6

I can definitely see him playing wing. Mulitalo is nailed on for one spot, he’s a superstar in the making but the other spot is up for grabs. Katoa is average, whilst Morris is a centre and will surely be first option to replace Xerri or Ramien if either get injured. I can even see Morris displacing Ramien if he doesn’t up his game. 

25 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

The Catalans have dodged a bullet,Dugan would pick up an injury in a game of chess.

whenever I have watched him play he spends more time with the physio than the rest of the team

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Dugan was massively overpaid by Cronulla. If Latrell Mitchell's fair market value, based on the Sydney Roosters' offer to him, was AU$800,000 (495,000 euros), then Dugan was hardly worth AU$600,000 -- even less based on Dugan's injury plagued performances in 2019. So it's probably correct to say that even if the Catalans only offered Dugan 300,000 euros (a huge sum for a Super League centre), the Catalans probably did dodge a bullet. Samisoni Langi, on much less money, may be good enough for now, or maybe the (likely underpaid) Frenchmen Arthur Romano or Gavin Marguerite can step up and do a good job as Brayden Williame's replacement.

Good player.

Unacceptable injury risk.

Probably signing for Catalans, then.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived