The UK games thread

TboneFromTO

Gotta agree with Frank,mistakes cost us dearly.   

Don't know how it came across on TV, but from the stands it was definitely a closer game then the score line showed.

Lots of mistakes in the first game, but I'm stuff confident we will do well this year.

Onto Salford!   W03 is where most are sitting,

I think we'll take this one. And sbw may score a try this time!

Salford now, Saturday 2PM, no live TV. 

AJ Bell stadium is stranded between M60 and M62 so no problem to get there by car. A bit more difficult by public transport.

I haven’t experienced it yet and won’t go this weekend but the best option from Manchester city centre seems to be Tram Blue Line to Eccles then bus 67 to Glaze Estate, stop at Southlands Ave.

Eccles is in the Greater Manchester area so system one combined bus+tram tickets can be used (£7.5).

Sandy proudly announced on the Super League Show that 30 Wolfpack fans were confirmed as of Sunday right after the opener. I hope you guys will be more than that. Remember there are a lot of Wolfpack fans that don’t wear our colours. There are mostly Canadians expats who just discovered the team or locals that live in towns without a rugby league team.

2 hours ago, manu266 said:

Salford now, Saturday 2PM, no live TV. 

AJ Bell stadium is stranded between M60 and M62 so no problem to get there by car. A bit more difficult by public transport.

I haven’t experienced it yet and won’t go this weekend but the best option from Manchester city centre seems to be Tram Blue Line to Eccles then bus 67 to Glaze Estate, stop at Southlands Ave.

Eccles is in the Greater Manchester area so system one combined bus+tram tickets can be used (£7.5).

Sandy proudly announced on the Super League Show that 30 Wolfpack fans were confirmed as of Sunday right after the opener. I hope you guys will be more than that. Remember there are a lot of Wolfpack fans that don’t wear our colours. There are mostly Canadians expats who just discovered the team or locals that live in towns without a rugby league team.

X80 from deansgate is faster

TWP - StHelens @ Warrington tickets on sale, £25 if you book before Feb 16.

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/toronto-wolfpack-vs-st-helens-tickets-on-sale/

Be careful if you click on the link in the TWP announcement you are sent on the Warrington - Toronto game on Feb 21.

Tickets for Feb 29 game here https://shop.warringtonwolves.com/ticket.aspx?fixture=cfc77d2f-4d47-ea11-80e5-000c29226a94

Only North stand tickets are on sale for the St-Helens game, Warrington members get an additional discount. St Helens fans can buy South stand tickets at their ticket office.

I will be seated in the L block.

• 2 weeks later...

Lucky me - the wife's taking me hospitality to the Warrington game this week. Super excited!  Although the squads looking thin I'm hoping for an upset 

It was brutal in the stands and on field. 

Worrying, they repeated the same set 4 times, attacking on the right wing and losing the ball through knock on or ball in touch.

I dont understand why they dont use the left wing more, specially with Leutele.

Anyway I need to watch it on tv to better understand. I was mostly busy staying warm than understanding the game. Some fans on my left were calling a lot at the ref for some decisions, I don't know if it made a lot of difference at the end. St Helens were clinical, scoring mostly through the centre with these crazy direction changes, they made a lot errors too because of the weather, prove that weather is never an excuse.

Next game in the stands for me is Huddersfield, the SL one not the cup. I hope they get their first W by then.

Yep  they've beaten Leeds before so even with squad changes we know it can be done...

Northern Maverick is showing this game on Thursday..obv not a party but it will be on the box...

The Pack are playing the wrong type of footy and need to change their game plan..No good trying to play an open game when you have no feeling in your hands  due to the cold etc.They need to be playing a tighter game.  Leave the open game until conditions improve.Get Williams into the centres,he is wasted in the scrum.

The double header at York. (Toronto v Wakefield and York v Featherstone) will now be played at York's old ground, Bootham Crescent. I'll be there mainly to cheer on Fev but i'll enjoy both games. In a way it's a bit disappointing not to see the new ground but there's plenty of opportunities for that so it'll be nice to visit Bootham Crescent one last time. For anyone planning on going, it's much closer to the city centre than the new ground, only a short walk from the train station.

I am heading over for the doubleheader..was looking forward to seeing the new stadium but in a way be nice to say bye to BC.

i am sure it will be a good time mixing with the UK WP fans and all the Yorkies so as Monty Python says always look on the bright side of life

Archived