V Leigh

NickD

Not long to go now.  The big question is will we have light.  Lost two sets last week and I gather they all went out today causing Bulls v York to be abandoned.  Sounds like it might be a power cut across the whole area.  Let’s hope so??

The causes were entirely different apparently. For our game against the Bulls the lights tripped out and have to be left for at least ten minutes before trying to switch on again or the bulbs might blow. By that time the game was almost over.

For the Bulls/York game there had been a major blow-out on a local estate causing the power supply in the area to be dropped down to single phase, insufficient for starting the lights. Allegedly this problem is unlikely to happen again for many years (unless it was caused by somebody attempting to make an illegal connection).

Let us hope that the lights remain on throughout to illuminate our magnificent victory against the bookies' favourites.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, Andrewj said:

Hello

My daughter and myself will be coming over on Friday . Is it pay on the gate and which stand is the norm for away fans?

Thank you 

I think that pay on the gate is still an option ..... You'd be best giving the club a call and checking out how things operate depending on your daughter's age 01924465489 ..... Most away fans tend to congregate at the South Stand end nearest the scoreboard -- tho there is the seated option in the North stand for a couple of quid more.... Safe journey over 

9 hours ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Remember them going out at a reserve match three years ago. The match was abandoned, as was the team after that.

Hope they get tested before Friday night.

I remember the lights failing against Swinton one foggy Wednesday evening. I’d brought along a work colleague (a Watford FC supporter) who was watching his first RL match and he loved the occasion. Loved the action (that which he could see in the murk), loved the chat of both sets of fans when the lights went out, but most of all I think he loved the big fight that the players constructed for his benefit. I loved it because we won!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

6 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I remember the lights failing against Swinton one foggy Wednesday evening. I’d brought along a work colleague (a Watford FC supporter) who was watching his first RL match and he loved the occasion. Loved the action (that which he could see in the murk), loved the chat of both sets of fans when the lights went out, but most of all I think he loved the big fight that the players constructed for his benefit. I loved it because we won!

And luckily we had a electrician in the stadium no other than our coach,the late Norman Smith?

12 hours ago, Therein73 said:

I think that pay on the gate is still an option ..... You'd be best giving the club a call and checking out how things operate depending on your daughter's age 01924465489 ..... Most away fans tend to congregate at the South Stand end nearest the scoreboard -- tho there is the seated option in the North stand for a couple of quid more.... Safe journey over 

Thanks for the info ..see you all Friday for a good game and hopefully the right result ?

The lights will be on (I hope).

There will be a big crowd (minus one).

This will be our best chance to beat Leigh, the bookies favourites.

Rams 23 - 22 Lobbygobblers

#UTR

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Sorry, but Leigh beat Wigan in a pre-season warm up hence my forecast of an unfortunate rams loss by 8 points to 30. Hope I am wrong but it will give the team a good test which will prepare them in a good way for the rest of the season. 
The ‘experts’ have us down to finish the season in 10th to 12th position. It’s better than relegation but I am hoping for higher.

33 minutes ago, myview said:

Sorry, but Leigh beat Wigan in a pre-season warm up hence my forecast of an unfortunate rams loss by 8 points to 30.

It's more accurate to say Leigh beat Wigan's reserves. The 23 players who featured against Leigh contained only 1 or 2 who will be in Wigan's 17 for their season opener, and Leigh only beat them 12-6 (0-0 at half time).

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

It's more accurate to say Leigh beat Wigan's reserves. The 23 players who featured against Leigh contained only 1 or 2 who will be in Wigan's 17 for their season opener, and Leigh only beat them 12-6 (0-0 at half time).

Thanks for the info. That leads me to a new score of 8 points to 20.  I suppose it also depends on what strength team the centurions put out against Wigan. Looking forward to the game as it reminds me of the 2 / 3 ? seasons when we had a strong team under Nei Kelly  and tussled with Leigh for a promotion spot. Hope the pitch is in decent condition after all this rain.

Squad out and no real surprises in the 21. Hard for me to get that 21 into 17 so can’t be easy for LG. 
Difficult to see us winning but let’s hope we can run em close and please, please, please can we not lose in the last 5/10 minutes!

At last, the big day has arrived and I’m raring to go (as I’m sure the players are).Trouble is, even with all the preparation for this game, I think we will taste defeat as Leigh have a lot of fire power. 

Dewsbury 12-28 Leigh 

FTS: Speakman

MoM: Speakman 

Att: 1424

My guess for the unfortunate four to be omitted is:

Dixon, Punchard, Scott and Thornton  

Legs, Dews, Legs.

On 27/01/2020 at 23:39, Crown Flatter said:

4 men sent off. 3 swinton players and 1 dewsbury player (Ian Bates).

Thought we played well. Leigh just had too much class. 
defence and attack looked better than last year and the completion rate must have been 90% +.   Still struggled to get across their line despite lots of pressure but lots of room for optimism.    

Thought we did well to hold them in the first half but you always knew it was coming. They had the players with that little bit of magic to turn the game when needed. Their forwards ran hard and straight and were just too good for us. Defensively they were excellent and didn't really give us a sniff even though we had some long spells on their line. Well played Leigh. Not too disappointed but we need to generate some imagination when we have the ball in hand.

Archived