Second week of the Aus pen starting today. Been some brilliant matches. Quite a few decided with this new Super Tie Break as well.

Barty victory yesterday was absorbing. Didn’t think she would win half way through the third. She’s got strong shoulders that girl, world number one in her home tournament in the headline Australia Day match against an opponent she has never beaten and lost to twice (including knocked out of Wimbledon 2019). 

Hopefully Kyrgios and Nadal is a belter today. The former appears to have turned a corner from the dickheadedness that has plagued his career.

Anyone else enjoying the tournament?

The time difference always makes the Aussie (and US) Open less immediately interesting than the European Grand Slams. And these days I can't keep up with who's broadcasting the damn thing from year to year.

And as for Dick "Nickhead" Kyrgios, his chance to discover his true potential is running out as fast as that of an expensive Catalan Dragons' import.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Charlie RL said:

Great result by Thiem beating Nadal.:kolobok_clapping:

Wow! I know Thiem's a rising star, but Nadal is one of the most stubborn opponents around, as well as an all-time great.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I’ve never watched a tennis match in my life. I’ve seen highlights on the TV news but I just don’t get it.

Can someone explain what they like about it? What am I missing? And why do women play shorter matches?

Archived