Challenge Cup 2020

HarrogateKnights

17 hours ago, BridKnight said:

Blow me!  They managed to complete the Challenge Cup 3rd Round Draw held at Rochdale despite the windy conditions.  You guessed it Rochdale Hornets at home to York Acorn has just come out of the hat!

Now they have the director (Andy Mazey) that used to be at Swinton, Rochdale will be a lot more professional and switched on to the challenges ahead. Should be a good tie that one, shame if it falls on the Sunday though as clashes with Knights vs Bradford

• 2 weeks later...

Difficult one as to when they play it as not long (a week on Sunday) until the game. Usually they kick off at 1pm on a Sunday, with the turnaround time for fans not great as looking at trains from York only 2 services will get you there in time for kick off on the Sunday - 08:00 & 08:58 LNER services. Unless you venture to Leeds to go down which if coming from York not much point. See what they arrange but the union side Ealing Trailfinders who they groundshare with are playing at 3pm on the Saturday that weekend so unless they make it a double header 12pm kick off (possible) it will be the Sunday. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hung in there that first 40 mins. Second best for much of it but only a score behind and with the wind at our backs by the looks of things. We still look a little toothless and predictable in attack at times, Robo and Johnston haven’t quite gelled for me as yet (sure they will in time as they are both decent players). Big ask in the second half to turn this around against a quality side but there was signs in that first half that we can open them up. 

We couldnt have asked for a harder opening three games in Toulouse, Leigh and Broncos, probably the three sides I’d expect to be in the top three places in this league. I just hope fans don’t start running the players down or getting on their backs, it’s a long old season ahead and I’m sure Fordy will know what’s needed and we will be better for the tough start and know the standards that are required at this level for this season. 

Come on Knights, you can do this today. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

1 minute ago, Andy Knight said:

Hung in there that first 40 mins. Second best for much of it but only a score behind and withthe wind at our backs by the looks of things. We still look a little toothless and predictable in attack at times, Robo and Johnston have quite gelled for me as yet (sure they will in time as they are both decent players). Big ask in the second half to turn this around against a quality side but there were signs in that first half that we can open them up. 

We couldnt have asked for a harder opening three games in Toulouse, Leigh and Broncos, probably the three sides I’d expect to be in the top three places in this league. I just hope fans don’t start running the players down or getting on their backs, it’s a long old season ahead and I’m sure Fordy will know what’s needed and we will be better for the tough start and know the standards that are required at this level for this season. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

52 minutes ago, Andy Knight said:

Hung in there that first 40 mins. Second best for much of it but only a score behind and with the wind at our backs by the looks of things. We still look a little toothless and predictable in attack at times, Robo and Johnston haven’t quite gelled for me as yet (sure they will in time as they are both decent players). Big ask in the second half to turn this around against a quality side but there was signs in that first half that we can open them up. 

You lot having same struggles as we are, tough opening stretch  Hope both teams pull it together as we move on.

5 minutes ago, William Webb Ellis said:

Normal service is resumed! Showed all the resilience and character we have come to expect. Looked a lot better going forward, four good tries, would  probably have been more against lesser opposition. Surely done enough to earn a kind draw next week!

Time we had an home draw.

Archived