Featherstone - season opener

Batley Bob

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Graham Fev use very talented young Leeds players that rarely if ever play in their first team. Thats not saying that they wont in the near future after getting valuable championship opportunities i.e Newman and Handley for example. Fev have used only a couple of the first team squad in limited games. DR is what it is but without this opportunity this talent will have gone to waste. Lets hope that the return of the reserves for super league will unearth more talent in the future for other clubs to benefit eventually. Looking forward to our favourite away day at your great club.

Even with my limited knowledge of the Fev team over the last couple of seasons, coupled with an appalling memory. You have used Ablett, Singleton, Golding, Peteru, Handley and Dwyer, some really inexperienced players in that list needing a chance to prove themselves.

I honestly can't believe how delusional some Fev fans are. I've no problem with what you do, other than the sidestepping of the loan rules, but come on, let's not try and make it out to be something it isn't. Your record in the playoffs is not a coincidence....

1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

Even with my limited knowledge of the Fev team over the last couple of seasons, coupled with an appalling memory. You have used Ablett, Singleton, Golding, Peteru, Handley and Dwyer, some really inexperienced players in that list needing a chance to prove themselves.

I honestly can't believe how delusional some Fev fans are. I've no problem with what you do, other than the sidestepping of the loan rules, but come on, let's not try and make it out to be something it isn't. Your record in the playoffs is not a coincidence....

Cant remember Ablett playing for us. Peteru maybe once. Dwyer on loan 3  Singleton once and Delaney once coupled with the fact that an out of favour Golding got a Super league contract with his performances playing for Fev otherwise he would still be keeping a bench warm at Leeds. Not many supporters of any championship club likes DR. Now watch the likes of McLelland and ALEX Sutcliffe make the grade. Its all to do with the experience like Newman did in playing in the championship. Bet Batley would have em all tomorrow.

13 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Cant remember Ablett playing for us. Peteru maybe once. Dwyer on loan 3  Singleton once and Delaney once coupled with the fact that an out of favour Golding got a Super league contract with his performances playing for Fev otherwise he would still be keeping a bench warm at Leeds. Not many supporters of any championship club likes DR. Now watch the likes of McLelland and ALEX Sutcliffe make the grade. Its all to do with the experience like Newman did in playing in the championship. Bet Batley would have em all tomorrow.

Dwyer was on DR not loan; he was Leeds' 3rd choice hooker at the time.

Definitely Alex Sutcliffe, I have just checked back on fevnuts musings he gives the names of the squads and no Sutcliffe played in the match at Post Office Road. 

Having seen Leigh last night they’ll definitely be up there come end of season as will Fev I reckon,I’ll be watching Toulouse and York game at teatime to see what they’ve got. A really hard opening game for you against Fev,I wish you luck.

Final score Batley 10 Fev 37 so that will put you below us on points difference ?

On 28/01/2020 at 12:37, Graham Greaves said:

Batley 12  Fev  32  1st game of season and not going with any optimism as has been mentioned we have not beaten them at home in a league fixture in a long time. Lets see how many Leeds 1st team squad players they have in their  team. You know that they will not be academy players which was what D/R was meant for . See you all up at the mount hoping for a shock result.

do Batley use DR ??

On 28/01/2020 at 20:37, Graham Greaves said:

Lets see how many Leeds 1st team squad players they have in their  team. You know that they will not be academy players which was what D/R was meant for .

Have said this many times on this forum but think back to when Batley used Hudddersfield Dual Reg players to literally make the difference between Fev and Batley going to a Grand Final in 2013 - the game was a draw after 80 minutes and Batley won on a golden point drop goal.

This was before Fev had ever used DR and there was no handwringing on this forum on that occasion, only wild celebrations about Batley going to the Grand Final, and plenty of congratulations from Fev fans as I recall too.

On 31/01/2020 at 19:06, DOGFATHER said:

Dogfather, when Batley beat Fev in the 2013 semi final using Huddersfield dual reg players YOU started a thread straight after the game entitled "John Kear for Pope, Knighthood and Prime Minister". Why were you not telling your fellow Batley fans how delusional they were instead?

4 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Have said this many times on this forum but think back to when Batley used Hudddersfield Dual Reg players to literally make the difference between Fev and Batley going to a Grand Final in 2013 - the game was a draw after 80 minutes and Batley won on a golden point drop goal.

This was before Fev had ever used DR and there was no handwringing on this forum on that occasion, only wild celebrations about Batley going to the Grand Final, and plenty of congratulations from Fev fans as I recall too.

We know batley have used it  before so no excuses there. But having said that it doesnt mean that we as supporters agree with it. I think it has killed the competitiveness in games rather than intensified the matchday  experience. 

8 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

We know batley have used it  before so no excuses there. But having said that it doesnt mean that we as supporters agree with it. I think it has killed the competitiveness in games rather than intensified the matchday  experience. 

It didnt stop Dewsbury or Barrow and a few others from being competitive against Fev. Both these teams beat Fev well at Post Office Road and Fev hung on by their finger nails at Dewsbury to clinch a play off place. These young Leeds players arent unbeatable as talented as they are. The debate will go on especially with supporters of Fev opposition. But remember all clubs are eligible to use it and it was only a couple of weeks ago that Batley missed out with links with Hull. And if you win today which isnt impossible you could rest in the knowledge that you beat Leeds. Furthermore as Batley and Dewsbury are most Fev fans favourite other teams I wish you luck for the season but not today?

Archived