Featherstone - season opener

Batley Bob

1 minute ago, distantdog said:

But it wasn't always like that was it? You were one of the Club's who took a stance against it, a stance l personally admired. What changed? 

Who knows certainly not us mere supporters, ask Mark Campbell. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

I think what it is is that its been quite successful for us and it hasn't gone down too well. 

Not in my case. You have been successful that's true, and fair enough. My issues are regarding how players from different clubs skew the outcomes between championship teams. I saw this several times last season. However, despite it being my personal issue, it is within the rules. So as you say, it is what it is.  

27 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Like who?

I can't recall a single post from any fev fan embracing the system with gusto....

There may be the odd one.... but i cant recall any. You got a quote??

Sorry, only found this as it is at the bottom of this page. I think there are examples on this page. But to give an example, I think preferring a D/R player ahead of a player signed to your own club is doing that. Justifying the use of senior players playing the odd game is an example of that. Discussing the squad announcements of D/R partnered teams to see who is left is an example of that. And before you suggest a bias against Fev, I have seen it on many club's sites, including our own, and I hate it. I truly believe that D/R has undermined the integrity of our competition and our sport at our level.

If we could get dr with Leeds we would, don't think Fev have done anything wrong, we'd do the same, it's survival.

However I don't like it and I'm sure most if not all fan's would prefer for it to go.

it does influence games and gives a false impression on some league positions

Yesterday Fev's new signings looked impressive, Chisholm in particular was excellent

As for us, I was pretty pleased with our display we hung in with them for 3/4 of the game.

A marked improvement from last season.

Bowman seems to be getting good raps. Couldn't make it yesterday, how did Lunt do?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

16 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Like who?

I can't recall a single post from any fev fan embracing the system with gusto....

There may be the odd one.... but i cant recall any. You got a quote??

Really Robin.  It was a fev fan that posted to one of my replies last season I think that said he doesnt mind where a player is from when he scores providing he has a fev shirt on. I wonder if  fev gave their supporters a choice of ditching d/r or not how many would say yes let's get shut. Bearing in mind they would not be as competitive.  Its not a dig at you robin just hypothetically speaking.

5 hours ago, Bat Lad said:

If we could get dr with Leeds we would, don't think Fev have done anything wrong, we'd do the same, it's survival.

However I don't like it and I'm sure most if not all fan's would prefer for it to go.

it does influence games and gives a false impression on some league positions

Yesterday Fev's new signings looked impressive, Chisholm in particular was excellent

As for us, I was pretty pleased with our display we hung in with them for 3/4 of the game.

A marked improvement from last season.

Fev over played a few times playing uphill and a bit more steadiness could have resulted in a couple of tries. Having said that I thought Batley played better than Ive seen for a couple of seasons and refused to submit. They have got fighting spirit which has been lacking over a few seasons. Good luck.

7 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Bowman seems to be getting good raps. Couldn't make it yesterday, how did Lunt do?

He looks a really good signing, scored a great try and looked lively all afternoon. Lunt only lasted about 20 minutes but looked good whilst he was on and made a very good break early on. Although, it must be said when Leak came on, he played very well too. Not sure whether Lunt picked up an injury, so couldn't come back, or whether Leak was playing so well Lingard decided to leave him on.

I thought the score flattered them a bit TBH. We were on the end of a few fairly odd decisions late on, which they capitalized on. I reckon an 8 or 10 point gap would have been more reflective of the game. All the pack were immense. We looked weak again out wide defensively, both Hooley had a decent game, Rettie looked to be back to something like his best and ran the ball out of defense well. I thought both halfbacks played well, we threw the ball about better than we have over the last 2 or 3 seasons, and seemed to be running better angles than we had been doing too.  

The game breaker was a poor kick from White, (who had a really good game other than that), whilst we were camped on there line, Chisholm picked it up and ran the length of the field and scored. After that, it turned in to a bit of a procession.    

1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

He looks a really good signing, scored a great try and looked lively all afternoon. Lunt only lasted about 20 minutes but looked good whilst he was on and made a very good break early on. Although, it must be said when Leak came on, he played very well too. Not sure whether Lunt picked up an injury, so couldn't come back, or whether Leak was playing so well Lingard decided to leave him on. I thought 

I thought the score flattered them a bit TBH. We were on the end of a few fairly odd decisions late on, which they capitalized on. I reckon an 8 or 10 point gap would have been more reflective of the game IMO.  

The game breaker was a poor kick from White, (who had a really good game other than that), whilst we were camped on there line, Chisholm picked it up and ran the length of the field and scored. After that, it turned in to a bit of a procession.    

Maybe it was but for me another 2 things changed the game bowman penalty and Hooley knock on from the scrum  

1 hour ago, Dog forever said:

Really Robin.  It was a fev fan that posted to one of my replies last season I think that said he doesnt mind where a player is from when he scores providing he has a fev shirt on. I wonder if  fev gave their supporters a choice of ditching d/r or not how many would say yes let's get shut. Bearing in mind they would not be as competitive.  Its not a dig at you robin just hypothetically speaking.

Yeah really. Going back to an earlier post, if you asked fev fans would they ditch dual reg? I think almost everyone would overwhelmingly say yes.

Would we give it up whilst other clubs use it? No.

And there's the rub. If one club uses it, they will be perceived as having an advantage, so all clubs will use it.

One out....all out. 

59 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

He looks a really good signing, scored a great try and looked lively all afternoon. Lunt only lasted about 20 minutes but looked good whilst he was on and made a very good break early on. Although, it must be said when Leak came on, he played very well too. Not sure whether Lunt picked up an injury, so couldn't come back, or whether Leak was playing so well Lingard decided to leave him on. I thought 

I thought the score flattered them a bit TBH. We were on the end of a few fairly odd decisions late on, which they capitalized on. I reckon an 8 or 10 point gap would have been more reflective of the game IMO.  

Bowman didnt score. He made a great break for Leak to score. Really like him though he'll be good for us. 

Thought chisholm try was an interception. 

Doesn't make any difference though. We were certainly 100% better than last season.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

1 hour ago, colinb said:

Bowman didnt score. He made a great break for Leak to score. Really like him though he'll be good for us. 

Thought chisholm try was an interception. 

Doesn't make any difference though. We were certainly 100% better than last season.

Apologies, you are correct on the Bowman break for Leaks try, my mind is fading and playing tricks on me Colin. But I'm fairly sure it was an attempted kick through over the line by White, for Chisholms try. Agree it was a much better performance than last season. We looked much better in attack than previous seasons.

18 minutes ago, ernieone said:

It was an interception of a Yates pass which if it had of not been intercepted should/could of been a try to us.

Yates passed to White who put in a low kick. Chisholm collected it close to the ground and ran the length of the pitch. watched on highlights.

We must remember that DR is part of the system. As said if we didn't use it other clubs would . Lots of things in the past were not in the favour of non higher league clubs. I remember in the distant past how we developed players to a high standard and then had to sell them to keep ourselves financially solvent. This happened a lot. So it was very much like developing players now. Instead of us bringing our own players on to then sell them we are bringing Leeds players on as youngsters to develop into senior SL players. In both examples the players left us. In some case they became our players if they didn't reach the required standard. What it amounts to in the end is as it has always been. The rich clubs rule the roost and it is very comforting that we are competitive and survive.  If DR didn't exist I am sure a different scheme would appear that had the same effect. It is the rule so clubs should make as much benefit out of it as they can. Also keep in mind that if a player comes to the end of his contract he is free to go without a transfer fee. A  club must look at the rules and regulations and use them to their fullest advantage. Whatever the system grumbles will always be aroused. I feel Fev are looking at the overall situation and using it to their fullest advantage. That is what is called good management. Strong team, positive cash flow and a sound future. With clever use of the clubs resources. UTR.

9 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Maybe it was but for me another 2 things changed the game bowman penalty and Hooley knock on from the scrum  

It looked a harsh decision that one of Bowman's from where I was. He looked to be playing the ball and the marker pushed him over, and the ref gave a knock on.

He questioned the decision and was penalised for it. It was made worse by the fact one of the Fev players won a penalty by diving as he was playing the ball with no-one near him a few minutes earlier.

19 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Apologies, you are correct on the Bowman break for Leaks try, my mind is fading and playing tricks on me Colin. But I'm fairly sure it was an attempted kick through over the line by White, for Chisholms try. Agree it was a much better performance than last season. We looked much better in attack than previous seasons.

Agree....much much better. Was defo an intercepted pass....just got the game and put on dvd for BISSA. 

Anyone requires a copy...bargain at £5. 

PM me.

Colinb...BISSA 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

It was definitely a kick, not a pass.

Definitely a kick, was right in front of me. 

Shame it happened, we were having a good spell. Really pleased with the first performance anyway.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Archived