Featherstone - season opener

Batley Bob

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 10:41, Robin Evans said:

Almost all championship clubs use it. It doesn't matter how you use the system, if your club uses it just a few times using just a couple of players, your club is using and reinforcing that system.

Batley beat us in the semi final a few years back using dual reg players. There were no adverse comments about the system then. Adverse comments usually follow a club being beaten by a team using DR, particularly if a DR player has a stand out game.

Fax fans giving it Fev Rhinos now in a dr partnership

Of course its ok "how your club uses it and how your club uses the system can be justified".... its other clubs who use it wrongly.... as evidenced by some of the comments on here.....

Its part of the game now. Has been for a decade. We either all use it or we all don't. Id prefer we don't 

Sorry Robin your club has lost its identity fans know you are chasing the holy grail ie super league on the back of Leeds. The idea of D/R was to give up and coming academy players experience of rugby league at a higher level. You very nearly achieved your goal with the use of the Rhinos first team squad players. I and a lot of long term supporters at our community club deplore D/R. It has made a mockery of the championship. I always admired rovers not any more. And before you throw the giants partnership at us we long time fans did not support that . D/R is for the benefit of super dupa league clubs not the championship. At the rate our league is going they will have achieved their goal and the championship will become a feeder league.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Graham Greaves said:

Sorry Robin your club has lost its identity fans know you are chasing the holy grail ie super league on the back of Leeds. The idea of D/R was to give up and coming academy players experience of rugby league at a higher level. You very nearly achieved your goal with the use of the Rhinos first team squad players. I and a lot of long term supporters at our community club deplore D/R. It has made a mockery of the championship. I always admired rovers not any more. And before you throw the giants partnership at us we long time fans did not support that . D/R is for the benefit of super dupa league clubs not the championship. At the rate our league is going they will have achieved their goal and the championship will become a feeder league.

How do you know how rovers fans feel about using dual registered players?

you wont of minded taking our money Sunday tho i bet

10 hours ago, Graham Greaves said:

Sorry Robin your club has lost its identity fans know you are chasing the holy grail ie super league on the back of Leeds. The idea of D/R was to give up and coming academy players experience of rugby league at a higher level. You very nearly achieved your goal with the use of the Rhinos first team squad players. I and a lot of long term supporters at our community club deplore D/R. It has made a mockery of the championship. I always admired rovers not any more. And before you throw the giants partnership at us we long time fans did not support that . D/R is for the benefit of super dupa league clubs not the championship. At the rate our league is going they will have achieved their goal and the championship will become a feeder league

This has been done to death. You are never going to like Fev. Of the four Leeds players in our line up on Sunday three of them have never been regular first team Leeds players. The other one Briscoe.....well he will always be one of our own. DR is never going to be well received. Yes sometimes it is mis-used but concentrate on your own team of which I thought played better than I have seen them play for a while and the difference between the sides was Chisholm. Though he does happen to be a bona fide Fev player. Good luck for the rest of the season. You have a good set of skilful players. Enjoy your season.

12 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

This has been done to death. You are never going to like Fev. Of the four Leeds players in our line up on Sunday three of them have never been regular first team Leeds players. The other one Briscoe.....well he will always be one of our own. DR is never going to be well received. Yes sometimes it is mis-used but concentrate on your own team of which I thought played better than I have seen them play for a while and the difference between the sides was Chisholm. Though he does happen to be a bona fide Fev player. Good luck for the rest of the season. You have a good set of skilful players. Enjoy your season.

Yes Chisholm was definitely the difference between the teams. We did play well but we were at home and still conceded 38. A game we could not win as our squad was not bolstered by Super league 1st team squad additions. You would probably have won the game without Rhinos help but D/R still sours the game.

We did not win that game with D/R players. We won because on the day we were better

There's always an excuse as to why it's ok for ones own team to use DR. "Ah, we didn't win because of DR, we were just better." "We didn't use as many players as you".

The fact remains that unless you have repeatedly stated your loud objection to DR when your team were using it, it's just hypocrisy.

12 hours ago, Graham Greaves said:

Yes Chisholm was definitely the difference between the teams. We did play well but we were at home and still conceded 38. A game we could not win as our squad was not bolstered by Super league 1st team squad additions. You would probably have won the game without Rhinos help but D/R still sours the game.

Get over it. Fev conceded 38 at home to Barrow and 32 at home to Dewsbury last season. Bolstered by 18 Leeds super stars?. You have no god given right not to concede at home. Just defend better. And do you know what, Leeds conceded 30 at home to Hull at the weekend bolstered with former Fev players?

Thought this one had have died a death by now. Look I don’t think theirs  a supporter out there that likes DR,I certainly don’t☹️But it’s here and by the looks it’s here to stay.

Like Robin and Phil says we either all say to super league clubs,up yours?Or we choose to use it,every club as got that choice. Must admit I’m a tad envious with the quality of young players from Leeds that Fev get. I remember us getting Brad Singleton and Liam Hood when they were young lads for the odd game,it’s not done them any harm as it.

Archived