Featherstone - season opener

Batley Bob

On 02/02/2020 at 12:28, distantdog said:

But it wasn't always like that was it? You were one of the Club's who took a stance against it, a stance l personally admired. What changed? 

because teams like you wouldnt stop using it so we decided to use it so we wasnt at a diss-advantage, stop using it we will, simple

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, gingdong said:

because teams like you wouldnt stop using it so we decided to use it so we wasnt at a diss-advantage, stop using it we will, simple

We didn't use more than 3 players last season and not Dr this , so don't know where your coming from there

IMG_0583.JPG

1 hour ago, gingdong said:

As long as your DR with Leeds I’m afraid Webster will NEVER  pick all the team ! 

I do know Louis wasn’t happy sitting this one out 

Theres always going to be good players of your own being disappointed every week 

2 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

We didn't use more than 3 players last season and not Dr this , so don't know where your coming from there

who did we have on DR, was it russell, i know we could a done with holmes and furguson on DR but for some reason they went out to fev,i just wish we at batley would  make a statment and bin DR for good,couple a loanees are fine and dandy as they cant change a game much but an handfull a SL players sure do.

1 hour ago, Johndeere said:

As long as your DR with Leeds I’m afraid Webster will NEVER  pick all the team ! 

You can be as afraid as you want. You have zero evidence to back this up.

I do know Louis wasn’t happy sitting this one out 

I should hope he wasn't happy, nobody should be happy at being left out. But he's gone from the team that finished tenth last year to the team that reached the grand final, he'll get some opportunities (starting next week) but he's not guaranteed game time.

Theres always going to be good players of your own being disappointed every week 

Yep, like at every club. But we run with a small overall squad, and most of them get plenty of opportunities over the season. Perhaps if they are so disappointed they'll be clamouring to join Batley instead?

18 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I should hope he wasn't happy, nobody should be happy at being left out. But he's gone from the team that finished tenth last year to the team that reached the grand final, he'll get some opportunities (starting next week) but he's not guaranteed game time.

Yep, like at every club. But we run with a small overall squad, and most of them get plenty of opportunities over the season. Perhaps if they are so disappointed they'll be clamouring to join Batley instead?

Must admit you do an admirable job defending your DR policy.

Who do you want/expect from Leeds next week.

28 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Dont think your quite grasping what's been said. This I have said before,  how would you feel if you moved to a new employer to better yourself to find out they have got somebody in to do your job because they are better than you and you spend your time in the canteen doing a crossword. Then time down the line this guy is no longer available and your boss says come on lad get your tools I gave a job for you, would your heart be in it. I sure as hell know mine wouldn't be. 

11 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Dont think your quite grasping what's been said. This I have said before,  how would you feel if you moved to a new employer to better yourself to find out they have got somebody in to do your job because they are better than you and you spend your time in the canteen doing a crossword. Then time down the line this guy is no longer available and your boss says come on lad get your tools I gave a job for you, would your heart be in it. I sure as hell know mine wouldn't be. 

Not  right. When a player is signed he knows he has to compete for a place. That is not the same a  chap getting a job that was shown as a vacancy. Further a player may play in different positions. A job is a job but sport is different. Also players have different activities. They in our case HAVE a job as well as playing. They can also do marketing and youth/ school participation when not playing. They do not sit doing crosswords in a well run club but have various activities that enhance their reputation and also the club's. Your analogy is wide of the mark.

33 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

I completely grasp what has been said, but the argument just seems to go off at a different tangent every time. The fact is that you we are no more likely to have unsettled players who have been left out than you are. We run with a smallish squad and last year just about every member of the squad got significant playing time, and the team spirit was first class.

56 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

Must admit you do an admirable job defending your DR policy.

Who do you want/expect from Leeds next week.

I'm not really bothered about defending DR in itself. As I've said previously, if they get rid of it, fine by me, and most Fev fans.

I just don't like the holier-than-thou attitude when we all know - from previous experience - that if Batley had a great season whilst using DR there would be a very different attitude.

3 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Not  right. When a player is signed he knows he has to compete for a place. That is not the same a  chap getting a job that was shown as a vacancy. Further a player may play in different positions. A job is a job but sport is different. Also players have different activities. They in our case HAVE a job as well as playing. They can also do marketing and youth/ school participation when not playing. They do not sit doing crosswords in a well run club but have various activities that enhance their reputation and also the club's. Your analogy is wide of the mark.

I'm not sure that when a player is signed he would be quite happy give up his place in the squad when he is fit and raring to go to lose his place to a player from another club.  Then told never mind chap you can do some marketing then a few days youth/school marketing. Should imagine it's quite demoralising.  I'm not just going on about fev I'm on about dr as a whole. I know players have to fight for their place to play, but probably dont expect to lose it to outside competition. 

I thought dr was supposedly to get cover for injured players and not instead of players. I know we have used it, but I'm so glad we have no dr partner this season. The matches we win will be by lads  who want to put the jersey on for the team, put their bodies on the line week in week out and can proudly say I'm a batley bulldogs player. 

Almost all championship clubs use it. It doesn't matter how you use the system, if your club uses it just a few times using just a couple of players, your club is using and reinforcing that system.

Batley beat us in the semi final a few years back using dual reg players. There were no adverse comments about the system then. Adverse comments usually follow a club being beaten by a team using DR, particularly if a DR player has a stand out game.

Fax fans giving it Fev Rhinos now in a dr partnership

Of course its ok "how your club uses it and how your club uses the system can be justified".... its other clubs who use it wrongly.... as evidenced by some of the comments on here.....

Its part of the game now. Has been for a decade. We either all use it or we all don't. Id prefer we don't 

55 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I would say the ideal DR partner is a Sl team that comes in to your catchment area and snaps up most of the promosing U16 and under age group players and then when you do get players on DR at least they are from your town. ?

I know Blues Ox thats why I advocated that Fev should have DR with Sharlston. According to the Fax chanting Fev are a small town in Sharlston????

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Almost all championship clubs use it. It doesn't matter how you use the system, if your club uses it just a few times using just a couple of players, your club is using and reinforcing that system.

Batley beat us in the semi final a few years back using dual reg players. There were no adverse comments about the system then. Adverse comments usually follow a club being beaten by a team using DR, particularly if a DR player has a stand out game.

Fax fans giving it Fev Rhinos now in a dr partnership

Of course its ok "how your club uses it and how your club uses the system can be justified".... its other clubs who use it wrongly.... as evidenced by some of the comments on here.....

Its part of the game now. Has been for a decade. We either all use it or we all don't. Id prefer we don't 

We used two players to beat you..

one who got injured in the first 10 minutes of the game in which we were 12-0 down as he was carried off.. nothing was stopping us that year as our monument was spot on, even the fev money backer at the time mouthing off just helped us even more at half time 

Just now, Keep The Faith said:

We used two players to beat you..

one who got injured in the first 10 minutes of the game in which we were 12-0 down as he was carried off.. nothing was stopping us that year as our monument was spot on, even the fev money backer at the time mouthing off just helped us even more at half time 

So you used two players. Your club used the system. Thats the point.... no adverse comments then about using it.

If it worked, fine. If a club uses the same system, don't whinge.... cos your own club is reinforcing the system.

All in.... or none in.

12 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

So you used two players. Your club used the system. Thats the point.... no adverse comments then about using it.

If it worked, fine. If a club uses the same system, don't whinge.... cos your own club is reinforcing the system.

All in.... or none in.

I’m not whinging  I just think Dual reg should be u23 and below and a certain number of SL appearances as I have said before but for me if they didn’t just cut it & 5 season long loans no recall option if playing good or anything  

29 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

I’m not whinging  I just think Dual reg should be u23 and below and a certain number of SL appearances as I have said before but for me if they didn’t just cut it & 5 season long loans no recall option if playing good or anything  

Just do away with it for me.

The game is contracting at an alarming rate. Amateur clubs have folded to the point where pennine and Yorkshire leagues are a pale shadow of their former selves.

Clubs no longer run academies as such and A teams are a thing of the past. Player pathways are increasingly restricted.

Now we have dual registration and club partnerships.... another process of using the players at the games disposal because a) there aren't enough players to go round and b) there isn't enough money in the game to fund squads of great numbers outside SL....

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Just do away with it for me.

The game is contracting at an alarming rate. Amateur clubs have folded to the point where pennine and Yorkshire leagues are a pale shadow of their former selves.

Clubs no longer run academies as such and A teams are a thing of the past. Player pathways are increasingly restricted.

Now we have dual registration and club partnerships.... another process of using the players at the games disposal because a) there aren't enough players to go round and b) there isn't enough money in the game to fund squads of great numbers outside SL....

Correct Robin The best talent that are now sitting on side lines at super league clubs are almost reliant on the DR rule to showcase their abilities and gain experience that they are not getting in superleague. Its a two edged sword. As you say the game is contracting because the amateur game as dramatically wilted because the game is all about super league funding and all these top clubs will eventually strangle themselves.

1 hour ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Correct Robin The best talent that are now sitting on side lines at super league clubs are almost reliant on the DR rule to showcase their abilities and gain experience that they are not getting in superleague. Its a two edged sword. As you say the game is contracting because the amateur game as dramatically wilted because the game is all about super league funding and all these top clubs will eventually strangle themselves.

Much said true Phil.  No amateur players coming through the ranks but that's because every body is relying on dr. Nearly all championship clubs are using it these days, I dont think they would be able to function without it now.

Archived