Rather Disturbing

saddleworth

Speaking to an old friend who attended a social function last weekend at the Rovers Club He stated that he was very disappointed with the whole arrangement. Said there were about 200 guests and not enough seating provided resulting in many of the visitors having to stand. Also complained about the fact that the microphones were not working resulting in the people at the back of the hall being unable to hear the presentation speeches. Not enough bar staff present resulting in waiting times for drinks to be obtained and finally he complained about the cost of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. Being a non drinker, I could not argue this point. Said it would be doubtful that the organisation would return in the future. Just reporting the facts as informed. 

I wonder why he didn't complain directly to the club? Sounds like an 's' complaint. S eats- S ound - S taff- and S pending and complained to S addleworth. Perhaps he ought to attend a tea function in future. What do U think? 

1 hour ago, jamescolin said:

I wonder why he didn't complain directly to the club? 

This. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

16 hours ago, saddleworth said:

Speaking to an old friend who attended a social function last weekend at the Rovers Club He stated that he was very disappointed with the whole arrangement. Said there were about 200 guests and not enough seating provided resulting in many of the visitors having to stand. Also complained about the fact that the microphones were not working resulting in the people at the back of the hall being unable to hear the presentation speeches. Not enough bar staff present resulting in waiting times for drinks to be obtained and finally he complained about the cost of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. Being a non drinker, I could not argue this point. Said it would be doubtful that the organisation would return in the future. Just reporting the facts as informed. 

The only answer you’ll get to this complaint here on this forum is that the person who organised the event should either ring or email the club direct if they feel badly done by, otherwise it won’t get resolved.  

Im Fev and im proud

20 hours ago, saddleworth said:

They not facts just comments from someone, the best process is rather than someone telling and you repeating these comments here they address then direct to the Club they have a Bar Manager and a CEO,someone will have been in charge at the event i'd guess.  If they get fobbed off then have a go elsewhere but I'd say if you're not happy with soemthing do the decent thing raise it with those involved

Archived