Thornhill v Doncaster

Therein73

1 minute ago, Therein73 said:

As neither the owners or the tenants are using the stadium on 8th/9th Feb, could there be a chance of the Thornhill - Doncaster game taking place at Tetleys Stadium ??  

Be good to see the game there. 

Think Paul Moore wouldn't be too happy, weather gonna change soon and we don't want a bog with it been used most weeks

We are, after all, promoting our credentials as a community club. I would hope that we are the first point of enquiry for Thornhill and that our response would be welcoming.

As far as the pitch is concerned the wet weather of the past few weeks is worse than any cold snap would cause.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, weighman said:

Sat 8/2/20 Thornhill v Doncaster  Tetley Stadium Dewsbury 1400 kick off .

Excellent.

Apologies for my absence, however.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

15 hours ago, myview said:

Anybody know admission price? Am I correct in assuming only the main stand will be open? Good luck Thornhill.

£10 adults
£5 concessions

under 12 free 

16 hours ago, Statto said:

Turnstiles open from 1pm, as is the bar. 2pm kick off

Only the main stand will be open.

Anyone know if the Beaumont Terrace will be open too?  Siting down is God awful at the best of times but in this weather its unbearable...

15 hours ago, weighman said:

Is there any parking on the North Stand side of the ground ?

Doncaster have named a strong squad , missing just a few injured players.

Any ex pros in the Trojans side ?

There is limited parking north stand side of the ground,that’s mainly used for players and officials. They’ve got one or two ex pros in the side,unless the side that beat Sheffield Eagles 20 year ago come out of retirement ?

29 minutes ago, NickD said:

Anyone know if the Beaumont Terrace will be open too?  Siting down is God awful at the best of times but in this weather its unbearable...

I shouldn’t imagine the  Beaumont Tarrace will be open,it states North Stand only.

That was an excellent performance from Thornhill. Was it just tiredness that let Boas through for the winning try for Doncaster?

It was a great team effort from an amateur team facing one of the favourites (so I hear) to escape Championship 1 this year, but it didn’t look like that as Thornhill matched the visitors in just about every department. I thought Donny would cut loose in the second half and they did score two quick tries after trailing 14-6 to the home side at the break. Thornhill worked their way back and regained the lead with a try in the right hand corner by winger Mitchell with a well judged conversion against the strong wind by Casey Johnson, who didn’t miss a goal. They stuck to their guns from then on, simply defending their two point lead until Boas used his skill two minutes from time. 

Hard luck Thornhill, you didn’t deserve to lose. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

Hard luck Thornhill, you didn’t deserve to lose. 

Super game.  Really enjoyed it.  The only downside was the Dewsbury-esqe ending...

Don't know what the gate was but there were a few there and had more than 3 travelled from Doncaster the stand would have been pretty full...

19 hours ago, NickD said:

Super game.  Really enjoyed it.  The only downside was the Dewsbury-esqe ending...

Don't know what the gate was but there were a few there and had more than 3 travelled from Doncaster the stand would have been pretty full...

The attendance was 580. Many thanks to everyone who came along and got behind the Trojans. Much appreciated.

I enjoyed the game more than many Dewsbury games I’ve seen.

Had it not been for an unlucky slip by the Thornhill fullback they’d of been in the hat for the next round.

Very committed performance from Thornhill and the best team lost IMO. Hope to watch them again in the future.

rambo.gif

Archived