Fri 31 Jan-Sun 2 Feb: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

On 28/01/2020 at 12:00, John Drake said:

Discuss all this week's Betfred Championship games here.

FRIDAY 31st JANUARY
Dewsbury Rams v Leigh Centurions KO 7.30pm

SATURDAY 1st FEBRUARY
Toulouse Olympique v York City Knights KO 5pm (UK Time) (OuRLeague App)

SUNDAY 2nd FEBRUARY
Batley Bulldogs v Featherstone Rovers KO 3pm
Bradford Bulls v London Broncos KO 3pm
Halifax v Sheffield Eagles KO 3pm
Oldham v Widnes Vikings KO 3pm
Whitehaven v Swinton Lions KO 3pm

Leigh by 10

Toulouse by 20

Featherstone by 20

Bradford by 4

Sheffield by 4

Widnes by 30

Whitehaven by 10

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very windy and cold at the Dewsbury tonight , the Rams had the wind in the first half which evened up the game , once Leigh got 2 scores up early 2nd half there was only ever going to be one winner 

Tidy little ground now , it deserves more support than it gets , as do the team 

On 29/01/2020 at 11:08, The Phantom Horseman said:

Only one I might disagree with there is Leigh -10. Dewsbury seem a bit more upbeat this season and on a Friday night in January this might be a close contest against a Leigh team who are probably still finding their feet as an attacking force.

Confidence will be increased if Beaumont predicts an unbeaten season for Leigh beforehand.

Dam talkerd ourselves out of it. Its going to be the only winner now. ??

I read somwhere that Dewsbury completed in the upper 80's percentage wise. That's some beating if true and could be worrying signs for the season. I wonder when they will pull the trigger and bring the Bradford lads in that are sat in the stands for Hull Kr.

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Dam talkerd ourselves out of it. Its going to be the only winner now. ??

I read somwhere that Dewsbury completed in the upper 80's percentage wise. That's some beating if true and could be worrying signs for the season. I wonder when they will pull the trigger and bring the Bradford lads in that are sat in the stands for Hull Kr.

I would also guess at 70% possession, forcing numerous drop outs and on the back of a one sided penalty count - Leighs defence was outstanding

1 minute ago, damp squib said:

The website design is really weird. The stream should be the centrepiece but it’s very difficult to find.

Last season there was a "Live Stream" option that would appear at the top along with the predictor and match centre. but it's still not there.
Managed to find it no bother on the app but I'd rather not watch it all than watch it on my phone.

32 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

Nearly impossible to find the stream for the Toulouse game on the desktop site, only found it thanks to the RFL twitter with a direct link
bit.ly/2UcB3VN

You are spot on. There's no obvious link when you log in as an OurLeague member. I tried bookmarking the actual video page, but that didn't last.

Nowadays, I tend to log in as normal, then use the link on the https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/ page to load the live stream.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The finest, golden, salted French butter has now been applied to the players' fingertips.

It'll be proper taste-free marge when Brexit kicks in... :kolobok_wink:

Red card! A kick to the face by a Toulouse player that, while it didn't connect, looked deliberate. Nasty.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The finest, golden, salted French butter has now been applied to the players' fingertips.

It'll be proper taste-free marge when Brexit kicks in... :kolobok_wink:

Red card! A kick to the face by a Toulouse player that, while it didn't connect, looked deliberate. Nasty.

I don't think it was as nasty as first looked. The York attacker was holding White's ankle/foot on the floor in the ruck, preventing him get away. It was more of a flick by White with the boot to free himself, albeit in the direction of the face of the York player so i think a red card was warranted

Archived