Fri 31 Jan-Sun 2 Feb: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, PECETTO said:

Toronto : 6200. Leigh : 5600. Hull KR: 4800. Catalans ( friendly) : 4700. York : 3750. Etc...       but if you prefer To say 1500 i can understand 

It was humour Pecetto ? ! Toulouse are doing great things at the moment. So much potential there!

6 minutes ago, winnyason said:

So says all Leigh fans 

The fact that Stade Toulousain want to put their weight behind Toulouse Olympique will send more flack their way for sure. Purely out of fear from those struggling SL clubs.

Whether Toulouse can get promotion however, is a totally different matter. They do wobble in crucial games and this could be their undoing this season once again.

8 minutes ago, Scubby said:

The fact that Stade Toulousain want to put their weight behind Toulouse Olympique will send more flack their way for sure. Purely out of fear from those struggling SL clubs.

Whether Toulouse can get promotion however, is a totally different matter. They do wobble in crucial games and this could be their undoing this season once again.

Yeah mate them picked at 

2 hours ago, winnyason said:

Yeah mate them picked at 

The problem with threads about matches played abroad is that not all the posts are in English.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

FT Scores

Bradford 14 London 18 (couple of late tries for Bradford making for an exciting last few minutes.)

Batley 18 Fev 38 (Close game until Fev scored a string of tries in the final quarter)

Halifax 18 Sheffield E 17 (79th minute winner for Fax)

Oldham 6 Widnes 36 Att 1726

Whitehaven 0 Swinton 14 - a few players sinbinned late on.

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Championship shaping up nicely to watch via OurLeague from Spain. Next week the playoff teams are clear of eachother until the 16th when Leigh face York and Widnes face a Broncos side who Bradford pushed all the way. Curious anyone got a line on how many were at the Bradford game, if they are as competitive as that and sniffing the playoffs may help keep the numbers up. 

"Over 2500" according to Bulls FB page.

I will take the win for the Broncos at a wet Dewsbury against a Bradford Bulls side better than some would have you believe.

Given the changes to the starting XIII things can only get better once the side gets used to playing as a unit.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Only one game but I think Whitehaven are in for a long season. Expected to go up there and have it tough in wet conditions with the crowd egging them on but it was really flat from the home team and Swinton were quite comfortable. They will have been targeting today as a 'must win' but it was very strange how flat it all was. 

10 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

A win is a win, thank you.

5/7 away wins

I think you'd have to have Oldham and Whitehaven as strong favourites for relegation already. 

Surprised that apparently Stalybridge's ground (where Oldham are playing this season) doesn't have media facilities, so local radio stations unable to cover games.

2 hours ago, JonM said:

I think you'd have to have Oldham and Whitehaven as strong favourites for relegation already. 

Surprised that apparently Stalybridge's ground (where Oldham are playing this season) doesn't have media facilities, so local radio stations unable to cover games.

They will have to go back to as it was in the old days, using a telephone link & patch that into the radio broadcast.

Oldham fan here but Widnes were superb yesterday with the spine of Smith ,Craven ,Tomkins and Owen being excellent. Brought a huge following as well. Will be up there at the end of the season based on yesterday if they add a couple more forwards to go with their backs.

3 hours ago, m brooksy said:

Brought a huge following as well. Will be up there at the end of the season based on yesterday if they add a couple more forwards to go with their backs.

I think London, Toulouse & Leigh look to have stronger squads at the moment, but let's see. Widnes have sold more than 2 000 season tickets which is well ahead of what was budgeted for, so there may be money to strengthen later in the year.

Widnes sold more than 1000 advance tickets for the game, Oldham will be happy to get that kind of away support from Leigh & Bradford too. Can't see Oldham winning many games, I'm afraid.

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 00:39, winnyason said:

Great win by Leigh. Have the players been paid this month ? I mean it might be too hard for Derek again he might walk away 

Doubt they have been paid for THIS month, on the 2nd of February. More likely to be paid towards the end of the month - common practice, I believe!?

On 02/02/2020 at 18:52, dixiedean said:

"Over 2500" according to Bulls FB page.

2637 to be exact, which is 'decent' given the circumstances.

I think the figure for Odsal last season was around 3400 or so. Given that the Bulls were probably the slightly better side overall (I may be biased, but they were definitely equally as good) the performance was important to hopefully bring some lost sheep back into the fold.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

1 hour ago, Bulliac said:

2637 to be exact, which is 'decent' given the circumstances.

I think the figure for Odsal last season was around 3400 or so. Given that the Bulls were probably the slightly better side overall (I may be biased, but they were definitely equally as good) the performance was important to hopefully bring some lost sheep back into the fold.

Yes. Given more local and better supported opposition, better weather, and a few wins under their belt, there is the potential for more...

6 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

I know its early in the season but a win for Bradford against York will be a massive boost for belief they might sneak into the playoffs, keep crowds up and open up the 5th playoff spot. 

Absolutely agree. I guess York, who are good side, will be much better than in the pre-season game. That said, they failed to score against our reserve team in the second half of that, so I suppose it's all up for grabs. I'd think we have to be second favourites on their patch though.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

Archived