Sun 2 Feb: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC KO 4.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/02/20 at 16:45

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Leeds by 6-8

So if Connor's number is 6 is he playing 6? Did not look great in the halves last year so I'd be surprised... Heard on Forty20 rumours of full back for him? 

If we don't go with Shaul then Connor and Kelly will both start and I imagine they will split the FB role. Connor there in defence, but when we attack Connor will play more of a distributing role and Kelly will chime in to the line more like a full back.

As for a prediction. Very difficult to call. 

Our record at Headingley is abysmal, but we did break the streak last time there. A lot of people seem to fancy Leeds this year but I don't really see it. They look a mid table team to me. 

I have doubts over Hull too but since it's a new season I will be positive and say Hull by 8.

No Idea!

Agree with comments re Leeds, id be surprised if we are anything better than mid table, scraping into the play offs would be a bonus! Just as long as we aren't near the bottom like last year and ill be fine. I do think the addition of Gale is a huge improvement for us, and he will drag the team around the field and with a more organised dominant presence we should be much better.

Leeds by 4. But its a coin flip game I think.  

2 hours ago, Southstander13 said:

No Idea!

Agree with comments re Leeds, id be surprised if we are anything better than mid table, scraping into the play offs would be a bonus! Just as long as we aren't near the bottom like last year and ill be fine. I do think the addition of Gale is a huge improvement for us, and he will drag the team around the field and with a more organised dominant presence we should be much better.

Leeds by 4. But its a coin flip game I think.  

I am interested how the forwards perform 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

There has been quite a lot of pre-season hype with the Hull signings and a top 3 finish seems achievable to me. The pessimist in me also needs to see how all these players click (not least Connor if in the halves and a temp hooker replacement) and also the fact I have been to Leeds too often thinking we "should win on paper" and lost... That all said if Hull are to finish in the top 3 they have to be beating "mid table" teams. And I have seen nothing signing wise to make me believe (apart from maybe high time spirit) that Leeds are contenders this year. So have to go with a tight Hull win more with heart than head maybe...

Hull by 5...

On 28/01/2020 at 20:01, MZH said:

As for a prediction. Very difficult to call. 

Our record at Headingley is abysmal, but we did break the streak last time there. A lot of people seem to fancy Leeds this year but I don't really see it. They look a mid table team to me. 

I have doubts over Hull too but since it's a new season I will be positive and say Hull by 8.

Have to agree with your first two paragraphs.

As a Leeds supporter for over 60 years I have to be positive and say Leeds by 8.

Headingley is, as of now, sold out for this game. Leeds ST holders are able to recycle their tickets back if they don't plan to use them so a few more may come on and off sale before the game but, right now, there is zero availability.

We should be arriving at the ground around midday. A couple of beers before deciding whether to go for the full double header or stroll in at half time of Toronto v Cas. Probably watch the first half in the pub and nip down there after that, weather permitting.

As to the Leeds v Hull game, who knows? First hit up for both teams and we'll be missing the defensive heroics of Danny Houghton but I still fancy us to win, even with our miserable record at Leeds.

Leeds 16 Hull FC 24.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Mahe Fonua and Albert Kelly named in today's reserves squad v Bradford.

Hmmm...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

5 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Mahe Fonua and Albert Kelly named in today's reserves squad v Bradford.

Hmmm...

I just don't get that. Especially Kelly. Someone out of the back line had to miss out, so with Fonua I guess you can say the others just looked a bit sharper in pre season. But Kelly is our best player, big mistake to not have him involved imo. 

With those two not playing I can only think its going to be a dour, up your jumper type gameplan. Four forwards on the bench, Sneyd will kick early a lot, and if we do need a bit of magic it's all on Connor's shoulders. 

10 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

We should be arriving at the ground around midday. A couple of beers before deciding whether to go for the full double header or stroll in at half time of Toronto v Cas. Probably watch the first half in the pub and nip down there after that, weather permitting.

Wondered what I was doing tomorrow.

Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived