Sun 2 Feb: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC KO 4.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/02/20 at 16:45

13 hours ago, Ullman said:

Wondered what I was doing tomorrow.

Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

On the down side you may be sat next to me on the coach.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leeds had two major issues last year, defense and a controlling half both of which should be considerably better this time around.

I'd stick my neck out and say Ward and Martin are as good as any other pair in the league and Prior, whilst not flashy, was arguably the best defensive prop in the NRL. 

Leeds will get better as the weeks go by as Hull will I guess. Hull and Radford under plenty of pressure with all the hype....

Should be a belter.

Hull must lay down a marker in this sold-out game. It's about time the sleeping giant of RL came out cryogenic suspension. All the ingredients are there to be the major club east of the pennines, but then I say that about Hull every year and they flatter to decieve..

Leeds want to win Hull need to win that should be the difference.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

31 minutes ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

I'd stick my neck out and say Ward and Martin are as good as any other pair in the league

If you enjoy watching quality second rowers you are in for a treat today. Ward/Martin v Jones/Ma'u. 

Hull to hit the ground running and Sneyd to have a field day behind a set of forwards that will trouble all sides this season. 
If Hull’s pack get on top (which they should) then Gale will disappear!

Leeds 20 - 33 Hull 

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

I haven't been keeping up with pre-season fixtures, so has Gale played in any matches for Leeds yet? And if so, how did he look?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Can't really call it, gonna be a classic, I can feel it. I'll be positive and say 18-10 Hull. 

I genuinely have no idea what will happen in this game, pretty much every result is a possibility. Hull win by loads, Hull win by a few, draw, Leeds win by a few, Leeds win by loads. Really looking forward to it. 

2 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Can I ask how and why Hull’s pack is thought to be so improved?

This isn’t rhetoric by the way, just a genuine question.

Is it based on preseason, last season or just the signings on paper?

A bit of both, but more on paper really. 

In the back row the ageing Manu and Minichiello are replaced by Jones and Ma'u. Last year Jones was in the dream team and Ma'u was very close to making the Dally M team of the year. 

Ligi Sao looks a real handful at either prop or loose. Satae looked good in the few games he played last year. You've also got the return of Bowden and Savelio from injury. 

Team for Hull. 

Shaul

Naulago, Tuimavave, Griffin, Faraimo

Connor, Sneyd

Taylor, Johnstone, Sao

Jones, Ma'u 

Ellis

Subs: Satae, Savelio, Bowden, Lane

Once we knew Fonua and Kelly weren't playing I guess the only question was whether we would go for Faraimo or Swift. Faraimo it is. 

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Shaul penalised for having dodgy tashe

Can't argue with that.

Meanwhile, BIFF!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Glad I got rid of my old black & white TV.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

I’ve really missed that band 

Needs more cowbell.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived