Sun 2 Feb: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC KO 4.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/02/20 at 16:45

Just now, MADREDNIGE said:

£££££

The way things are going, I don't think the Carnegie Cuckoos can be bringing in much £££££ these days.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A tough match for Leeds, but they don't look too bad. HFC were rampant, and will give many clubs nightmares if they carry on like this first game.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 minutes ago, Damien said:

That Headingley pitch looks terrible. I don't know why they let Yorkshire RU play on it in front of one man and his dog.

Carnegie are that bad this season that the dog has stopped going

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

A tough match for Leeds, but they don't look too bad. HFC were rampant, and will give many clubs nightmares if they carry on like this first game.

Which game were you watching, we were awful, we had no ideas going forward,no kicking game and no 2nd phase of attack. It was like watching Great Britain last year!

10 minutes ago, Rhinoferg said:

Which game were you watching, we were awful, we had no ideas going forward,no kicking game and no 2nd phase of attack. It was like watching Great Britain last year!

We are one match into the season, and Leeds met a very fired-up and physical HFC. While I don't believe that the Rhinos will rocket back up to the top, they aren't as bad as you say. Solid mid-table at worst, and maybe better if Gale starts to bed in properly as the creative hub of the side.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

19 minutes ago, Damien said:

What money, they get hardly any fans and are skint. I'm sure the costs involved in extra maintenance and relaying outweigh any income that they can get these days.

I can't see them getting to play there for free, they must contribute some money surely! 

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Uninspiring coach, uninspiring captain, uninspiring pack. Mid table beckons.

But we knew that before kick off. By all accounts Agar is a good coach but there’s a difference between being a good coach and a good head coach. Watson would have been my pick for the job but hey ho

2 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

But we knew that before kick off. By all accounts Agar is a good coach but there’s a difference between being a good coach and a good head coach. Watson would have been my pick for the job but hey ho

Yeah I guess but we can hope can't we. Little changed from last season. Hopefully Gale gets better with the weather!

That was everything I could have asked for from Hull for opening week. 

The whole pack were very good but the most pleasing was Savelio. He's kind of been the forgotten man but he looked top drawer today. Satae's leg drive is so impressive too, Leeds couldn't put him on the floor. 

The most important thing was the attitude though, especially in defence, we wanted to tackle and we showed huge pride in our try line. Despite the dominance it could have been a very different game without some of those last ditch efforts. 

There will be bigger tests to come, but based on that we could achieve a lot this year. Don't forget you have Fonua, Kelly and Houghton to come into the picture too. 

Archived