Sun 2 Feb: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC KO 4.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/02/20 at 16:45

34 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

We are one match into the season, and Leeds met a very fired-up and physical HFC. While I don't believe that the Rhinos will rocket back up to the top, they aren't as bad as you say. Solid mid-table at worst, and maybe better if Gale starts to bed in properly as the creative hub of the side.

Where was our fire?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brutal for Leeds, Hull dominated everywhere and thankfully Sneyd's goal kicking wasn't perfect or it would really have blown out towards 40. Congratulations to Radford and his team for a commanding performance. 

Hopefully from a Leeds point of view it's just that Hull will turn out to be one of the table toppers this year. But there were few signs that we're not in for a fourth in five years relegation battle. 

1 hour ago, Gooleboy said:

Is Prior a marquee signing for Leeds?

No.

57 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:
1 hour ago, Damien said:

That Headingley pitch looks terrible. I don't know why they let Yorkshire RU play on it in front of one man and his dog.

£££££

Leeds are essentially letting them play there for free so no that's not it. I think Caddick feels a bit responsible for how things have ended there but I doubt they'll be there next year apart from for 'big' games (Saracens, Newcastle).

6 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Can I ask how and why Hull’s pack is thought to be so improved?

This isn’t rhetoric by the way, just a genuine question.

Is it based on preseason, last season or just the signings on paper?

I think after that, it speaks for itself ?

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds forum in melt down, its worth reminding everyone its the first round of the season, im sure all those that pick the GF teamsfrom the first game last picked Salford last year? ? 

Very true .... I also expect very few picked Leeds as well!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

They were excellent and will do that to better sided than Leeds this year, can they be consistent though?

I think so - we have quality and experience across the pack and in depth....

I think it more depends on the backs staying fit and available weekly ?

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

20 minutes ago, M j M said:

Brutal for Leeds, Hull dominated everywhere and thankfully Sneyd's goal kicking wasn't perfect or it would really have blown out towards 40. Congratulations to Radford and his team for a commanding performance. 

Hopefully from a Leeds point of view it's just that Hull will turn out to be one of the table toppers this year. But there were few signs that we're not in for a fourth in five years relegation battle. 

No.

Leeds are essentially letting them play there for free so no that's not it. I think Caddick feels a bit responsible for how things have ended there but I doubt they'll be there next year apart from for 'big' games (Saracens, Newcastle).

They will be relegated this season unless the RFU change the rules so Saracens the Cheats wont be gracing the Headingley turf next season 

Oh and by the way, and because it has been far too long, RADFORD MUST GO!

You bought the t-shirts, so you may as well get some wear out of them.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hull by far the better team in all departments, if it wasn't for the fact that Radford's their coach they would probably make the top five.

As for Leeds they are likely to finish much nearer the bottom than the top, again their coach plays a big part in that and the fact that they lack punch up front and their younger players just aren't as good as they make them out to be. Walker, Smith, Odielski(?), Newman et al are still making the same mistakes as when they came into the team  with no sign of improvement, that's down to coaching or lack of it. For someone whose team's ###### had been handed to him on a plate Agar was remarkably sanguine, a lack of passion like his team.

17 minutes ago, DavidM said:

What do they do with Albert Kelly ? Does he get into a fully fit side in the long run 

That's a very good question. Imo you have to find a place for him somewhere. With a pack performing like that he could cause carnage. I think he will on the bench next week. A bolder move would be to say that we are strong enough up front that we don't need another battering ram at 13, and play him there. But I don't think that is Radford's style. He likes a third prop. 

Just back from Headingley, which I attended as a neutral.

Really impressed with Hull, who looked classy and confident. Leeds, however, were shockingly poor. Rhinos fans began streaming out with more than 20 minutes left! Those sitting next to me in the North Stand were aghast at their team's error-stricken performance.

Shame the two matches were so one-sided. Despite taking an early lead, Toronto were never in it against a patchy Cas outfit. At least SBW grew into the game after an uncertain start.

Just now, Hopping Mad said:

Just back from Headingley, which I attended as a neutral.

Really impressed with Hull, who looked classy and confident. Leeds, however, were shockingly poor. Rhinos fans began streaming out with more than 20 minutes left! Those sitting next to me in the North Stand were aghast at their team's error-stricken performance.

Shame the two games were so one-sided. Despite taking an early lead, Toronto were never in it against a patchy Cas outfit.

Hull have an impressive physical squad...lots of power.  

Hull are surely contenders this year, and I would have said that before this result. I know people talk about St Helens, but they really have the best set of forwards in the competition this year. By some way.

The only blip might come on hard, fast pitches in mid season where more mobile packs will come to the fore. Eiither end, though, they will be very, very hard to beat.

Leeds? Reserve judgement. I just hope they don't have a repeat of last year.

Archived