Fri 31 Jan: SL: St Helens v Salford Red Devils KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/01/20 at 19:45

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the obvious motivation by last years loss, Salford wont have had time to fully bed in all their new players. They got to the GF last year by playing well as a team not as a group of talented individuals. I think Saints will take this one by a bigger margin than the GF.

Saints 42 - 10 Salford

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

We have Makinson, Roby, Knowles and possibly Amor out. We have less depth that last year, and no natural winger to cover Makinson. It will either be a straight swap with Welsby on the wing, or Naiqama moved out wide and Costello to centre. I am still confident that we will have enough to see off Salford, but that edge will certainly be a target.

Should be interesting. Salford with their new players looking to put down a marker that last season wasn't a fluke, meanwhile Saints with a new coach will be aiming to get up to speed quickly with the WCC ahead. Only one friendly for Saints though so could be coming in a little under-cooked.

I just hope it isn't a thrashing, first game on tv for Salford. The feel around the club is positive just hope it is a good performance tonight.

Loads of promotion for next week trying to get school kids to attend.

Fingers crosed

On 29/01/2020 at 17:03, Moove said:

Should be interesting. Salford with their new players looking to put down a marker that last season wasn't a fluke, meanwhile Saints with a new coach will be aiming to get up to speed quickly with the WCC ahead. Only one friendly for Saints though so could be coming in a little under-cooked.

They only had 1 friendly before the start of last season and didn't look to bad did they?

Quite looking forward to a Salford victory.

I shall also be looking out for when referee Hicks gets to referee a St Helens game in 2020.( If it happens ).

Do the RFL have a structure in place should any individual not pay a fine?   Askin' for a friend.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

I think Saints will win, but I'm excited to see how Salford shape up at the start of the season.

And I can't remember the last time I thought "I'm excited to see how Salford shape up at the start of the season"

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived