Fri 31 Jan: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Wakefield Trinity KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/01/20 at 19:45

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see no improvements in the Wakefield team over that which took the field last year.

Moreover, I’ve seen zero change in the way Chester has set up his attacking structures, it’s same old same old which is now old hat and over 4 years it’s become less effective each season over the last. It’s well understood that we can’t defend against teams who use  slick expansive ball movement.

If Tony Smith sets you up in the right way then I expect Hull KR to win a dour contest!

1 hour ago, OMEGA said:

I see no improvements in the Wakefield team over that which took the field last year.

Moreover, I’ve seen zero change in the way Chester has set up his attacking structures, it’s same old same old which is now old hat and over 4 years it’s become less effective each season over the last. It’s well understood that we can’t defend against teams who use  slick expansive ball movement.

If Tony Smith sets you up in the right way then I expect Hull KR to win a dour contest!

Sorry man, but thats a steaming pile.  

2017 & 2018 we had the golden left edge, 2019 we looked decent until we lost a load of our key men and then fell apart but based on Broughs kicking.  I think Chester mixes it up quite a bit.  And our squad this year is much stronger when we get everyone out of the infirmary.

29 minutes ago, One F in Wakefield said:

Sorry man, but thats a steaming pile.  

2017 & 2018 we had the golden left edge, 2019 we looked decent until we lost a load of our key men and then fell apart but based on Broughs kicking.  I think Chester mixes it up quite a bit.  And our squad this year is much stronger when we get everyone out of the infirmary.

No need to be sorry, it’s just your opinion at the end of the day to which I disagree with some.

No doubt 2 years ago when almost every team in the game was exclusively employing shift & double shift plays Wakefield had one of the best left sides. However that was 2 years ago, defences now cope with that play in their sleep and good coaches have begun to move on. I’ve seen nothing from the way Chester’s set up Trinity to suggest he’s done the same.

Weve got the mummified remains of the once great Danny Brough and a headless chicken at half back! 

We've replaced England & Hirst with like for like in Green & Tangata

Westerman??? has a huge number of question marks after his name.

If Chester & Co can’t adapt to the advancing coaching methods then we’ll continue to struggle against more organised defences. Conversely, Chester’s been unable to successfully coach the players to understand their defensive responsibilities.

I wish it were different but it’s not, IMO!

Yeah Brough is looking past it now sadly but I think Miller looked a lot stronger after Chester took the reins off him a bit and he stopped just doing that tedious drop off play.  I think Green and Tangata are both upgrades on England and Hirst too.

I get what you mean about Westerman but he's a real handful if we can get him performing to even just a reasonable level.  Plus having TJ back is like a new signing, Walker lets Rocky pressure the halves for a spot and then Batch is another year older too.

I think we're stronger but I take your point defensively

Stupid penalties punished by Rovers. 10 -0

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

10-6 HT

Wakefield on top but fluffing g chances. Broughy limping badly.

Will have this strong wind behind them in 2nd half.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Hampshire fails to take a nothing  grubber. Rovers overlap again on last tackle 14-6

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Johnstone coughs the ball up straight from a 20 metre tap. Rovers pick up the ball and go under the sticks. 20-6 game over.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Archived