Fri 31 Jan: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Wakefield Trinity KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/01/20 at 19:45

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another error by Hsmpshire gives Rovers a set in our 20. Last chance for Wakey gone with 4 mins left Rovers in again. 30-12

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Listening to rhubarb radio ... quotes

“Wakefield look absolutely clueless”

”I’ve lost count of how many knock ons tonight”

“Lack of composure on last plays”

“Miller’s JUST thrown it to the Hull KR man”

“This Wakefield second half performance is nothing more than pathetic”

”Hull KR have not been great but Wakefield getting beat by the favourites for relegation”

”Wakefield have had plenty of ball but have done absolutely nothing with it”

”the ball is dying with the half backs”

”Westerman walks straight into the marker, not the cleverest thing to do”

”soft defending from Jacob Miller”

”this is as bad as I’ve seen Wakefield play”

“Wheres the challenging Wakefield player?”

“I can’t tell you how poor this team have been tonight”

“Oh Lordy!”

”it’s just silly now!”

”really disappointing from Chris Chesters men”

“Can’t work out who’s playing where?”

”no runners”

”Wakefield haven’t had any answers’

”poor from Josh Wood”

“Ryan Hampshire just dropped the easiest catch”

”it’s all a bit dull and flat.... oh well that is pathetic... went past kirmond  like he was a cone in training”

7 hours ago, OMEGA said:

I see no improvements in the Wakefield team over that which took the field last year.

Moreover, I’ve seen zero change in the way Chester has set up his attacking structures, it’s same old same old which is now old hat and over 4 years it’s become less effective each season over the last. It’s well understood that we can’t defend against teams who use  slick expansive ball movement.

If Tony Smith sets you up in the right way then I expect Hull KR to win a dour contest!

5 hours ago, OMEGA said:

No need to be sorry, it’s just your opinion at the end of the day to which I disagree with some.

No doubt 2 years ago when almost every team in the game was exclusively employing shift & double shift plays Wakefield had one of the best left sides. However that was 2 years ago, defences now cope with that play in their sleep and good coaches have begun to move on. I’ve seen nothing from the way Chester’s set up Trinity to suggest he’s done the same.

Weve got the mummified remains of the once great Danny Brough and a headless chicken at half back! 

We've replaced England & Hirst with like for like in Green & Tangata

Westerman??? has a huge number of question marks after his name.

If Chester & Co can’t adapt to the advancing coaching methods then we’ll continue to struggle against more organised defences. Conversely, Chester’s been unable to successfully coach the players to understand their defensive responsibilities.

I wish it were different but it’s not, IMO!

I don’t like it but we’ve just watched a Chris Chester Wakefield Trinity that confirms every word of what I said earlier

29 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Told yer.  If Carter doesn't ditch Chester now, then clear out all the fev backroom staff he won't have a club in SL .

Carter won’t ditch Chester, they’re too close, their families are close and their partners are close. It’s actually quite unprofessional.

11 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

Carter won’t ditch Chester, they’re too close, their families are close and their partners are close. It’s actually quite unprofessional.

That's the problem, the club is rotten to the core. The backroom staff would all be on the dole and hanging around featherstone if they were not on the wakey gravy train. Carter is a nice bloke, too nice really, and people are uriniatining up his spine. The one with the highest flow rate is Chester. Followed by a third rate aussie captain on a ridiculous 5 year contract.

The writing was on the wall last season and yet people still want to give these clowns a chance to turn it around. Give it 4 or 5 more games and even the blind may see

22 minutes ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

A coach ain’t getting sacked one game into the season, half a dozen at least before the conversation should be had. 

But it won’t happen. Carter & Chester are big mates so unless Chester quits he is safe. 

That's the problem, although a new season you cant ignore last season. This is just a continuation of his incompetence. But like I said it may need a few more games before the blind can see

Another two performances like that and Chester will surely quit rather than continue to look the fool.

Tonights second half was embarrassing but sadly almost the standard we are now used to.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Well next week we play Catalan

Sam Tomkins, Sam Kasiano, James Maloney, Josh Drinkwater, David Mead, Israel Folou, Joel Tomkins, Michael McIlorum, etc...

Bernard Gauche hasn’t invested in all the top line players just to watch them lose!

Way too harsh all this. Chester has been successful whenever he hasnt had half his squad in the treatment room.  He was right up there for coach of the year at the end of 2018.  We went well until our team disintegrated. This Chester out stuff is absolute pony!  Give the lad a chance, he's earned that with the 2 top 8 finishes.

I can’t see us winning any of our first 6 matches and maybe none of the first 12

1. HKR - A Lost
  2. Catalan- H
  3. Warrington - H
  4. Castleford - A
  5. Salford - A
  6. Hull - H
  7. Toronto - A
  8. Wigan - H
  9. Leeds - A
  10. castleford - H
  11. Sts - A
  12. Catalan - A

3 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

Told yer.  If Carter doesn't ditch Chester now, then clear out all the fev backroom staff he won't have a club in SL .

This is a bit of an knee jerk reaction isn’t it? Chester didn’t pull up any trees for us, but seems like he’s done a solid job for you guys since he arrived - certainly when not got half the squad injured eh. Catalans, Cas and Salford are all winnable for you in the next month: 

PS real shame if Brough has gone out like that with an ACL, quality player who plays what he sees which is rare-as-f these days eh. Deserved a proper send off. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

I was expecting a win but a lot closer than it was.

We started brightly enough bad scored 2 good tries. A knock on straight after we were awarded a penalty gave Wakefield their first real opportunity and they took it.

There must have been some wind up there because both teams adopted similar kick off styles when attacking the scoreboard end and they troubled us when kicking off towards t'other end.

Defensively there is a notable improvement. We look much better. We give ourselves options in attack so we have obviously worked on both fronts.

Happy for Ben Crooks to grab 4 tries; our backline looked very strong.

Matty Storton has come out of nowhere and looks like a real find so I want to see more of him. 

Overall, just happy to get off the mark.

Cya in enemy territory next week.

10 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

As a Fev Supporter i am looking forward to playing Wakey next season,not expecting us to get promoted which will be a relief to Super League.How would little old Fev fit in with Global Expansion.

3 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Matty Storton has come out of nowhere and looks like a real find so I want to see more of him. 

I would exactly say 'come out of nowhere' - outstanding for the Bulls last season in the Championship.

Just the latest in the Bulls production line that, if we weren't constantly run by clowns and shysters, would be the core of a very good largely home-grown SL team at Bradford. Ah well...

Archived