Fri 31 Jan: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Wakefield Trinity KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/01/20 at 19:45

10 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

This is a bit of an knee jerk reaction isn’t it? Chester didn’t pull up any trees for us, but seems like he’s done a solid job for you guys since he arrived - certainly when not got half the squad injured eh. Catalans, Cas and Salford are all winnable for you in the next month: 

PS real shame if Brough has gone out like that with an ACL, quality player who plays what he sees which is rare-as-f these days eh. Deserved a proper send off. 

Apart from getting a very, very, very average team to Wembley do you mean?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great win to start the season. I thought we would win in a tight struggle so to win by that margin is very pleasing. I have always been confident that our home form will see us alright and after a full pre-season under Smith there should be an improvement on last year.

Sad news for Danny Brough for his career to end like this as he is a class player and it is a huge blow for Wakefield as losing him will be a huge blow for their prospects this year and I think that they are going to be in for a long season.

17 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Danny Brough has reportedly done an ACL. Terrible news for Wakey.

Is it? 

It's a shame for Broughy and I hope it isn't the end of his career, but if I am being brutally honest he offers very little these days. Every chance Wakefield will be a better side without him imo. 

I hope that doesn't sound too harsh. I have criticised him in the past for his temperament, but he has done some great things and had a very good career. I just think his best days are long gone. 

1 hour ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Sad news for Danny Brough for his career to end like this as he is a class player and it is a huge blow for Wakefield as losing him will be a huge blow for their prospects this year and I think that they are going to be in for a long season.

Agreed on the sad news bit but I doubt that many Wakey fans would describe it as a huge blow to the club.  Trinity were happily all set up to run with Miller and Hampshire until the shock signing of Broughy two years back.  Saves face for a few individuals if Brough calls it a day.  

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

14 hours ago, One F in Wakefield said:

Way too harsh all this. Chester has been successful whenever he hasnt had half his squad in the treatment room.  He was right up there for coach of the year at the end of 2018.  We went well until our team disintegrated. This Chester out stuff is absolute pony!  Give the lad a chance, he's earned that with the 2 top 8 finishes.

I agree. Wakefield underperformed last year, but you can't ignore the injury situation that he had to deal with. Up until then he has had you probably punching above your weight. He took a bottom 4 quality squad, recruited smart, improved the players he already had, and got them competing for playoff places. He deserves a chance to start turning things around. 

2 minutes ago, MZH said:

Is it? 

It's a shame for Broughy and I hope it isn't the end of his career, but if I am being brutally honest he offers very little these days. Every chance Wakefield will be a better side without him imo. 

I hope that doesn't sound too harsh. I have criticised him in the past for his temperament, but he has done some great things and had a very good career. I just think his best days are long gone. 

Don’t disagree with much of what you say but Wakefield aren’t blessed with talent in the halves so being a man down for seemingly the entire season can’t be a good thing. They will miss Brough’s excellent kicking game and experience if nothing else.

To those who went to the game, was Ben Crooks' quartet of tries due to his opposite number going missing or was he just on hand to finish off the odd break here and there?

Looking at the SL website I still have no idea which position he played or who was defending him.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 01/02/2020 at 13:04, Marty Funkhouser said:

Apart from getting a very, very, very average team to Wembley do you mean?

On balance I think I'd have preferred a valiant loss in the semi-final to what happened, so yes ?

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Archived