Thu 30 Jan: SL: Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/01/20 at 19:45

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Put your name forward 

Im 55 pal. 

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to see a length-of-the-field chase between French and Ashton, and I don't care which one is carrying the ball.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

A played got badly injured, that took uip quite some time. 

Aye, I’m including that but a fair bit of that time was also taken with video replay time. So the actual additional for it wasn’t too much.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, jacksy said:

Im 55 pal. 

Don't worry; your eyesight's probably worse than a full-time professional Rugby League referee, but as long as one eye is working, you'll please 50% of the fans.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

I want to see a length-of-the-field chase between French and Ashton, and I don't care which one is carrying the ball.

Yeh I think French would shave it on pace but Ashton is fearless in defence so we can’t complain.

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Ashton does look rapid. I reckon he might win that one.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Just now, dkw said:

Warrington been the better attack since going down to 12, Wigan look very disjointed. 

They were also the better attack before going down to 12.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The update is that modern RL is rubbish because because because.

In other news, Warrington certainly looked sharper, but it was one try each before Hill swung an arm and Powell was rendered unconscious. The tackle didn't look deliberate, but the result did look worrying.

A swinging arm can be deemed "not deliberate"?  Hmmm....

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So your eyesight is a lot worse than Kendal's then , have you ever tried reffing ? 

Yes i did ref and i knew the ptb technique, an what an elbow to the throat was. 

I also played an coached.

Im an FC fan so im not 50% blinkered in this game.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

1 minute ago, Rupert Prince said:

A swinging arm can be deemed "not deliberate"?  Hmmm....

It can be a panic or desperate reaction, like Shaun Edwards on Bradley Clyde. You see an opposition player going through a gap, and you try and glom onto him any way you can.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Yep, that's true. Ratchford has been excellent with ball in hand, Wigan look terrified of him. 

It amazes me the friendly fire Ratchford has taken over the years. He's so versatile, alert and resilient, you'd think he'd be valued by more Wire fans.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Me to , not much fun is it ?

Actually, i loved it.

3 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Surprised Wigan couldn’t take advantage more of the extra man in the second 20.

Guess Warrington will tire in the last 15 or so? 

I'm not watching game but Wigan always start the season slow.  I do not know about other teams but for me despite the hype, Wigan always start underdone and not enough pre season.

I'm not convinced Wigans starting line-up is it's best or or it's best positions. 

Wigan seem to push the rules too much for me... some of their tackling techniques seem to be to intentionally injure, and the constant whinging!!!

Warrington seem unable to stand square at the ptb and are now pushing the refs leniency too. 
the game needs to be strongly refereed but if the referee picked everything up there would be a penalty every minute... perhaps even every tackle 

I still don’t know how Wigan got away with a leading (non ball carrying) elbow to the throat of the tackler... that was at least a penalty and on report! 

there’s  a decent game of RL waiting to break out here 

Archived