Thu 30 Jan: SL: Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/01/20 at 19:45

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Warrington will be good to watch this season with those players 

With Widdop, Hughes and the new prop Latu to turn out it will hopefully be even better to watch.   Let’s hope we are consistently entertaining though.

1 minute ago, Havenwarrior said:

We’re they get that Plastic Aussie from, Jenna Brooks I think she is.

HW

We're not all that.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'll have to check the highlights, but both teams need to improve from the sound of it, possibly for different reasons.  16 - 10 in the circumstances not convincing for Wigan. I think there is some wishful thinking about Wigans selections.

Hope Powell is not badly hurt, but must be out for a while even with just a concussion protocol.   

Not sure it's really fair to criticise Wigan for looking less fluid in attack than Warrington. Most team's attack would probably suffer from having their dummy-half stretchered off. 

A better game than I expected for the first game of SL 25. Would have been Warrington's game if they'd had better discipline.  Wigan clearly have work to do.  Not convinced by French at fullback and Hardacre in the centres.  Wigan need to sort their discipline around the PTB, too.

1 minute ago, JonM said:

Not sure it's really fair to criticise Wigan for looking less fluid in attack than Warrington. Most team's attack would probably suffer from having their dummy-half stretchered off. 

They were poor before he went off though. 

Thought Warrington looked sharp, and bodes well for Wire fans.

they could have quite easily won that.

Wigan should plenty of spirit, but little in the way of end product.

decent first game though.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

That was a belter. Talking points galore! That Murdoch-Masila charge over Burgess was brilliant!

Wire might have lost but there was a lot to like. They held out well in defence and Ashton looked exciting in attack and defence. It was their ill discipline that cost them.

Wigan did what they needed to, harder to judge them as they had the man advantage but got the win that they should have.

Thought Kendall handled a tricky game well. Tackled nonsense at the play the ball, didn't bottle the yellow and red cards, good call on the J Burgess held up call and correct to say Burgess charged the ball down and not awarding a knock on.

Yippee, I got one right, think I will step down from predictions while I'm in front!

First game up and all that but nothing on show there to give Saints sleepless nights. Injuries apart complacency might be their biggest opponent in the forthcoming season, is SL going to mirror football in Scotland again where the most interest is at the bottom of the division?

Wigan Today report said Burgess had not figured in the pre season... !!!   So if so please... why was he selected?  Not convinced by either the selection process or pre season work (irrespective of any self serving articles from WT).

21 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Yippee, I got one right, think I will step down from predictions while I'm in front!

First game up and all that but nothing on show there to give Saints sleepless nights. Injuries apart complacency might be their biggest opponent in the forthcoming season, is SL going to mirror football in Scotland again where the most interest is at the bottom of the division?

I'd suggest the same.  Saints will continue to try to blow teams away in the first 20 minutes.

Archived