Who's Excited?

8 hours ago, Celt said:

I get excited every year, and this on is no exception.

Unfortunately, last season saw a big drop in standards for me, and the previous couple of years we were looking at a slight decline too.  The product was very poor indeed, and a number of teams appeared to be simply treading water.  the level of basic skills across the League was a let down, with St Helens being the exception (and I say this as a Wire fan).

This year however, i am excited again (as ever) and genuinely hopeful we might see an improvement. 

Reasons to be excited:

• Salford are one reason to be positive - hopefully they can stay competitive, and shake up the old order a bit.  They love a wrestle, and can stay competitive with anybody over 80 mins.
  • Tonight's game (Wigan/Wire) - an absolute cracker, both teams looked fitter and stronger than last season
  • Toronto Wolfpack.  A great addition to the League, that multinational, multicultural forward-looking vibe that the M62 corridor is so famous for, has finally arrived.
  • SBW.  The guy needs a point all to himself.... what other club could have signed this guy?  None.  Frightening athlete, and at the end of the day, we know he is a Leaguie.
  • Israel Folau - controversial, but once the storm blows over, we will surely see a great attacking player in action.  Especially against some of the ropey defending we saw from a few teams last season.
  • Featherstone Rovers - they are not in the League, and I reckon that is a great thing... they would have added nothing.
  • Leeds Rhinos - they CAN'T be as bad again can they?  Dismal last season... but on the back of Rob Burrow's illness and the buzz around his benefit game, surely they will kick on and become 'influencers' in the eventual title race?
  • Luther Burrell - a biased one here, but as a Warrington fan, I can't wait to see how he goes as an edge forward.
  • London Broncos - crowds of 1000-odd....playing at a leisure centre.... good to see them gone for now (although would love to see them back if they get their house in order.)  Currently though, the League is improved without them.
  • Media coverage - with signings like SBW and Folau, it may not be massive, but it will inevitably be more than previous years!
  • St Helens - whether we like it or not, still the benchmark.  

Yep - definitely looking forward to this season - baby steps, but i reckon the game is turning a corner for the first time in years. 

Stop sitting on the fence, pussy footing around and tell us how you really feel!

776357106_Devil1.gif.ab544b287136c6289af41fb7d2b3419f.gif        776357106_Devil1.gif.ab544b287136c6289af41fb7d2b3419f.gif       776357106_Devil1.gif.ab544b287136c6289af41fb7d2b3419f.gif  776357106_Devil1.gif.ab544b287136c6289af41fb7d2b3419f.gif     776357106_Devil1.gif.ab544b287136c6289af41fb7d2b3419f.gif           776357106_Devil1.gif.ab544b287136c6289af41fb7d2b3419f.gif

Waiting for ya!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived