Ticket price Sunday

YoungYed

So I’ve just seen that if you live in the Tameside area you get the discounted price of £8. No problem with that but shouldn’t they be trying to get people with OL postcodes to the match on Sunday why should the Tameside people get the discount. Not impressed at all 

19 minutes ago, YoungYed said:

So I’ve just seen that if you live in the Tameside area you get the discounted price of £8. No problem with that but shouldn’t they be trying to get people with OL postcodes to the match on Sunday why should the Tameside people get the discount. Not impressed at all 

Targeted promotion. The objective is to get those who live 2 minutes away from the ground to come and have a look.  That's all. Maybe next game it will be under 18's In for free. Then next time its NHS personnel in for £8. Then game after anyone wearing purple trousers in for £5. Who knows? The one sure way of targeting OL people is to win. And then keep winning.

2 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Targeted promotion. The objective is to get those who live 2 minutes away from the ground to come and have a look.  That's all. Maybe next game it will be under 18's In for free. Then next time its NHS personnel in for £8. Then game after anyone wearing purple trousers in for £5. Who knows? The one sure way of targeting OL people is to win. And then keep winning.

Personally first game of the season against one of the biggest teams in the league Widnes... you want people from oldham there “stay aways” to come I’m sure more people with an oldham postcode would come rather than a Tameside. 

At least the club are trying to promote the game in the area it is being played.

Promoted to the championship, lovely little ground at Bower Fold, first game of the season against one of the biggest names in rugby league. If the "stayaways" aren't going to turn up for that one they aren't going to turn up at all. Let's get some local people into the ground and see if we can get some new fans to support us for the rest of the season.

41 minutes ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Are you back at Bower Fold this season? What has happened at Whitebank?

Whitebank isn't up to championship standard (even in its current improved state).

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Nice to be back at Bower Fold but have to say that £19 for the seats and £17 concession is a bit expensive and a hike in entrance fee from whitebank. I do appreciate the ground is far better etc and I would pay whatever to watch Oldham roughyeds but still thought it was expensive.  Does anyone else think so? 

In actual fact, the admission prices are around average for Championship rugby these days, just a bit of a shock after the experience of League 1 at a sports ground with limited facilities. Some examples are, Featherstone £22 (£17), London Broncos £25 (£20), Swinton £18 (£15) and Leigh £22 (£20). 

As you say, it was good to be back there and to have a good crowd too.

Archived