Workington Town v West Bowling

WTRLFC WEBSITE

20 hours ago, Town Army said:

In all seriousness though, constant negativity regarding the game is only going push people to make other arrangements meaning a lower attendance.

Just let the club do their thing and keep us up to date like they always do on match day

I would call it speculation rather than negativity, won't make a difference to the attendance IMO. Maybe we should put some fake news out there predicting spring like weather. ?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Marrafan said:

Apparently today’s NEWS & Star have reported that Haven, Town and Reds have all called their games off. Haven have said they’ll make a decision in the morning but pitch is fine and it’s still on.

That's typical of the N&S they are useless, a mickey mouse outfit. ????

1 hour ago, unicorn106 said:

I would call it speculation rather than negativity, won't make a difference to the attendance IMO. Maybe we should put some fake news out there predicting spring like weather. ?

I’m sure it’s galling for the club though. They seem to be constantly at the mercy of idle gossip. They’ve even had to counter the local paper talking rubbish this afternoon. Last week they called it early so why don’t we just let them get on with it and I’m sure they’ll do the right thing. 

14 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

I’m sure it’s galling for the club though. They seem to be constantly at the mercy of idle gossip. They’ve even had to counter the local paper talking rubbish this afternoon. Last week they called it early so why don’t we just let them get on with it and I’m sure they’ll do the right thing. 

Agreed, they called it early last week then got criticised because the sun came out for half an hour! They cant win...

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

2 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

The forecast I use, and it's pretty accurate, has mainly sunny from 10am until 1pm then partly sunny till after 5pm. 10deg., 30% chance of rain, wind speed 38mph. Data from Foreca. Honest! We will see.

22 hours ago, Marrafan said:

Apparently today’s NEWS & Star have reported that Haven, Town and Reds have all called their games off. Haven have said they’ll make a decision in the morning but pitch is fine and it’s still on.

That really is poor and irresponsible . Lots of folk will get their info off that . I hope they apologised 

28 minutes ago, Sticklebricks said:

Great that it’s on can’t wait to get that fix utt

Same here, 30 odd seasons and I'm still like an excited kid ?

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Relieved to win that. Was all very lethargic and scrappy and that isn’t taking anything away from west bowling who played really well. Looked like we were very rusty apart from odd glimpses. Have to crank it up a few levels which I’m sure we will. On a plus the pitch was unbelievable, big plaudits for the work that’s been done.

Weather was never going to allow for the best spectacle. Must say well done to west bowling. Never gave up when it looked to be slipping away. And you can certainly see why they score lots of points. Number 9 was a cracking player.

Town looked rather undercooked with only having 2 games, none for 3 weeks and a few who have had very little minutes so far. We were rather clunky for most but did show.signs of the attractive rugby chris is implementing. Were in the hat which is the main thing but will need to crank it up a few notches just to compete next week. Doran didnt quite play to the standard he can today for me. But on the plus side, thought fui was great! 4 tries off the back of his off loads and break. 

Onto next week. 

Wasnt a pretty watch at all and it showed to me how much we miss a wilkes type leader up top too sort the job out.

Nice to see young and hall to get over the line on the plus side and thought russ Bolton was ok too.

Any word on miller?

or anymore incomings from home or abroad, we still need a few in for sure.

12 minutes ago, town4me said:

Totally reliant on FFMM to make yards   I cant see CT being happy with that 

That's harsh on Fitzsimmons, scholey and especially Barnes, they made plenty of yards too. Our left edge defence was terrible, was all over the place at times. Doran was rocks and diamonds, some amazing runs but some daft decisions too. Thorman will be fuming we went away from any gameplan, especially after such a good start to the 2nd half. But a wins a win, onwards and upwards. 

Also must give bowling a lot of praise, they were a very well organised side with a lot of quality, especially the 9 and 7.

21 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Donny sneaked through as well if I remember . In the cup it’s all about being in the hat for the next round . These games will do us good for the league 

They did and Thornhill were much the better side.

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

8 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Wasnt a pretty watch at all and it showed to me how much we miss a wilkes type leader up top too sort the job out.

Nice to see young and hall to get over the line on the plus side and thought russ Bolton was ok too.

Any word on miller?

or anymore incomings from home or abroad, we still need a few in for sure.

‘ The boys have bought into what we've been doing strongly and I'm looking forward to them delivering on the pitch. We're just finalising a couple of signings and we're constantly scanning for players who can enhance what we have’

CHRIS 

Archived