Workington Town v West Bowling

WTRLFC WEBSITE

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

Ooh a new member. Hello. Watch your team on our league app . No brown patches that I could see. Go home

Nice friendly welcome for a floating fan. If that's you're attitude you won't see me again. The only amateurs were the host club. Good luck with the pitch surviving the season

2 minutes ago, Tasman said:

Nice friendly welcome for a floating fan. If that's you're attitude you won't see me again. The only amateurs were the host club. Good luck with the pitch surviving the season

Are u kidding me... the pitch was great, well done to all the volunteers who go down that ground every day of the week making sure it's in good condition for the rest of us. It's very much appreciated! 

16 minutes ago, Tasman said:

Will have to do a lot better than that if progress is to be made this season. Well done Bowling, thought you played very well. Couple of gripes - thought the pitch was awful - yes I know the weather hasn't helped but there were large patches of mud and "brown grass" all over. Wouldn't think it was a new pitch. If the club is only selling 35 programmes, then print 35. Don't care if they are just in black and white, they are a service to supporters, nice to know who's in the squad of both teams. Still like to look and see who's down to play and have a souvenir of the game. Feel for Bowling fans - one of their biggest games and no memento. Also, why was standing terrace shut ?

It's the middle of winter you clown, what do you expect the pitch to look like after 2 weeks of storms. ????

26 minutes ago, Tasman said:

Will have to do a lot better than that if progress is to be made this season. Well done Bowling, thought you played very well. Couple of gripes - thought the pitch was awful - yes I know the weather hasn't helped but there were large patches of mud and "brown grass" all over. Wouldn't think it was a new pitch. If the club is only selling 35 programmes, then print 35. Don't care if they are just in black and white, they are a service to supporters, nice to know who's in the squad of both teams. Still like to look and see who's down to play and have a souvenir of the game. Feel for Bowling fans - one of their biggest games and no memento. Also, why was standing terrace shut ?

There were no large patches of mud and brown grass at all, the pitch was outstanding considering the battering its taken lately. The terrace is oftedn shut when playing amateur teams, it's pretty standard. 

27 minutes ago, Tasman said:

Should of gone to spec savers if you thought that was a bad pitch, but nice try?

28 minutes ago, Tasman said:

???

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

24 minutes ago, Tasman said:

Gentleman Jim - surely a misnomer - I only reported what I saw. I was expecting an immaculate pitch which, I believe, staged its first game today. Bit touchy aren't you ?

Games played on derwent park every Saturday since well before Xmas but hey don’t let facts get in the way of an opinion 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

39 minutes ago, Tasman said:

thought the pitch was awful - yes I know the weather hasn't helped but there were large patches of mud and "brown grass" all over. Wouldn't think it was a new pitch

Welcome to the forum. Not quite sure where you’re coming from with your statements though. I think me and you must have been at different games, I went expecting a mud bath and couldn’t believe how a pitch, that is hosting football as well , has stood up to the recent weather. As I’ve alteady said earlier those who have been involved in getting it into that condition deserve a huge pat on the back, but even though they’ve done a great job even they would struggle to get get rid of some brown grass in winter.

1 minute ago, IanMac said:

Welcome to the forum. Not quite sure where you’re coming from with your statements though. I think me and you must have been at different games, I went expecting a mud bath and couldn’t believe how a pitch, that is hosting football as well , has stood up to the recent weather. As I’ve alteady said earlier those who have been involved in getting it into that condition deserve a huge pat on the back, but even though they’ve done a great job even they would struggle to get get rid of some brown grass in winter.

I was most surprised by the amount of bounce in the pitch. Compared to the wreck tonight where the ball just stopped dead after every kick. I honestly can't believe anyone can be disappointed with the pitch anc think it's pretty disparaging of the great effort put in to get it playable, by volunteers (I think). Maybe he's Alan Titchmarsh. 

6 minutes ago, dkw said:

Wow thats terrible, so their fans have abandoned them already. Lost the only 2 games they had a chance of winning too......shame that.

Sunday night certainly doesn't help, most clubs would struggle. The attendance for the Swinton game would have been more worrying. 

Archived