Workington Town v West Bowling

WTRLFC WEBSITE

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

Wow thats terrible, so their fans have abandoned them already. Lost the only 2 games they had a chance of winning too......shame that. 

Think a lot of people will have watched the game on the ourleague app, to cold to go out on a night like this, think a lot of clubs will have fewer home supporters attending when they can watch it at home. 

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, dkw said:

I was most surprised by the amount of bounce in the pitch. Compared to the wreck tonight where the ball just stopped dead after every kick. I honestly can't believe anyone can be disappointed with the pitch anc think it's pretty disparaging of the great effort put in to get it playable, by volunteers (I think). Maybe he's Alan Titchmarsh. 

He’s hasn’t been today

3 hours ago, IanMac said:

Welcome to the forum. Not quite sure where you’re coming from with your statements though. I think me and you must have been at different games, I went expecting a mud bath and couldn’t believe how a pitch, that is hosting football as well , has stood up to the recent weather. As I’ve alteady said earlier those who have been involved in getting it into that condition deserve a huge pat on the back, but even though they’ve done a great job even they would struggle to get get rid of some brown grass in winter.

Thank you for your reasonable response to my observations. I didn't come on here to start a war or belittle the efforts of volunteers working on the pitch. I don't live in the immediate area and support a team in the NCL which is why I was very surprised there wasn't a programme. Some of the stuff posted in reply to my comments as well as being hostile supposes I know football is played on the pitch. All I heard was that it was a new pitch and this was the first game of the season. Anyway, let's live in peace  eh ?

5 hours ago, Tasman said:

Thank you for your reasonable response to my observations. I didn't come on here to start a war or belittle the efforts of volunteers working on the pitch. I don't live in the immediate area and support a team in the NCL which is why I was very surprised there wasn't a programme. Some of the stuff posted in reply to my comments as well as being hostile supposes I know football is played on the pitch. All I heard was that it was a new pitch and this was the first game of the season. Anyway, let's live in peace  eh ?

I don’t live in the immediate area.... ha. 
where did you live? mars? The amount of rain we’ve had in the last week? Maybe it’s been sunny on mars. 

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

They really aren't,but don't let facts get in the way of a good tale.

So this is not wrote on the Haven forum then? 

Someone mentioned Duel Deg if we want to stay in this league it’s a necessity.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

The lads did extremely well when you consider that they had 40+ mph winds to deal with a side who'd thrown everything but the kitchen sink at them and a side who've already played double the fixtures we have. Given time we will be absolutely fine. For Bowling it just proves that the amateurs game is alive and well! You could see what Town were trying to do with ball in hand but the wind as stated previously put a stop to that.. If we'd put 60-80 on them it would have been expected but instead it was a proper old fashioned cup tie and in the conditions a great game. 

2 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

So this is not wrote on the Haven forum then? 

Someone mentioned Duel Deg if we want to stay in this league it’s a necessity.

One person writing one sentence in a thread of 13 posts about the game. The original question asked was Is DR a necessity to stay in the Championship? The person asking the question just quoted the clubs that have entered into it. No one on that thread said yes. Very different to the way some on here want to portray it. Personally have never been in favour of it and wouldn’t want it now. Hardly a load of massive hypocrites calling for it.

5 minutes ago, Cumbria RL said:

We are poor and can’t see us winning a game but do u seriously think u could do better with your squad.

To be honest mate I don’t think anyone has said we’d do any better. To compete on a weekly basis in the championship for clubs like ours there has to be an investment that at the moment neither club can put in. That’s why I like the way Chris Thorman is approaching the squad building with untapped potential in players like hall, young, Wellington,  Dawson, o Brien, Lancaster, Marwood and players with super league club backgrounds at academy level  like Fell, Fitzsimmons, Barnes and O Donnell. Hopefully this approach pays dividends, maybe not this year, but in future years. 

17 minutes ago, Cumbria RL said:

We are poor and can’t see us winning a game but do u seriously think u could do better with your squad.

With this league one squad ? Who said we would . This league is gonna be challenging enough 

Thought West Bowling were outstanding yesterday a credit to the game . Played the game with great intensity , seemed to offload better than we did and well orchestrated by their nine and seven . We played in fits and starts , overplayed at times , and need to protect the kicker on last tackle more , must have got caught half a dozen times without getting a kick away . Biggest disappointment though was when we made clean breaks , nobody was prepared to pin their ears back and take the full back on , this is where we miss [players like Elliot Miller , there is no replacement for confidence and sheer pace . Anyway on to next week when we will learn exactly where we stand in comparison to Donny . Lets hope the popular side is back in play , because the atmosphere is so flat when only one side of the ground is open .

1 minute ago, Cumbria RL said:

So u think u would get a different squad if u we’re in championship?

In both Championship or Cham1 it always comes down to the availability of the clubs finances, 

1 minute ago, Cumbria RL said:

So u think u would get a different squad if u we’re in championship?

I think we are stripping it all back and are rebuilding under CT who has signed a 3yr deal. The aim (I suspect)would be to build a team to go into the championship with. However it will be very difficult for any of the cumbrian clubs to survive up there as things stand. 

Archived