Workington Town v West Bowling

WTRLFC WEBSITE

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's hypocrisy at all, if Whitehaven are going to entertain their fans, they need to pull something out of the bag. They obviously need something to make them competitive, they have some massive games coming up. If decent players are available via DR they should go for it. 

33 minutes ago, Nero said:

I don't think it's hypocrisy at all, if Whitehaven are going to entertain their fans, they need to pull something out of the bag. They obviously need something to make them competitive, they have some massive games coming up. If decent players are available via DR they should go for it. 

Think its a bit early to make any judgments,  

2 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Thought West Bowling were outstanding yesterday a credit to the game . Played the game with great intensity , seemed to offload better than we did and well orchestrated by their nine and seven . We played in fits and starts , overplayed at times , and need to protect the kicker on last tackle more , must have got caught half a dozen times without getting a kick away . Biggest disappointment though was when we made clean breaks , nobody was prepared to pin their ears back and take the full back on , this is where we miss [players like Elliot Miller , there is no replacement for confidence and sheer pace . Anyway on to next week when we will learn exactly where we stand in comparison to Donny . Lets hope the popular side is back in play , because the atmosphere is so flat when only one side of the ground is open .

The break we made on the back of a pass at the line by Moi Moi to Dawson (I think) really annoyed me, no one followed him at all and he was covered fairly easily. one player up with him and thats a certain try, but this will come in time hopefully as we go into the season, and in fairness the first 15 of the 2nd half we were backing up much better.

18 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

He’s got a tender hamstring. Chris said he’s not risking him until 100%. 

Totally sensible especially given conditions, looked like Andrew Dawson had a slight pull yesterday looking at strapping he had when he came on for second spell, can put that down to heavy pitch and cold etc so CT absolutely spot on 

1 minute ago, Onreport said:

Totally sensible especially given conditions, looked like Andrew Dawson had a slight pull yesterday looking at strapping he had when he came on for second spell, can put that down to heavy pitch and cold etc so CT absolutely spot on 

Could have done with him mind ha. 

4 hours ago, Marrafan said:

One person writing one sentence in a thread of 13 posts about the game. The original question asked was Is DR a necessity to stay in the Championship? The person asking the question just quoted the clubs that have entered into it. No one on that thread said yes. Very different to the way some on here want to portray it. Personally have never been in favour of it and wouldn’t want it now. Hardly a load of massive hypocrites calling for it.

I never called anyone a hypocrite, but you intimated it wasn't said when it was. Honestly beggars cant be choosers , loans or DR are your best bet imo.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

37 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

I never called anyone a hypocrite, but you intimated it wasn't said when it was. Honestly beggars cant be choosers , loans or DR are your best bet imo.

2 or 3 loans will be fine for us even then it'll be an uphill battle to avoid relegation 

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

No you never, that was another poster. It’s the old DR debate again isn’t it? With SL clubs having reserves just what are you going to get and will they be better than what there is in that position? I would rather go down the loan route but same problem now with them having reserves they can use that. Always going to be a problem for our clubs. Just have to grin and bear it this season and get used to the jibes. ?

36 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

No you never, that was another poster. It’s the old DR debate again isn’t it? With SL clubs having reserves just what are you going to get and will they be better than what there is in that position? I would rather go down the loan route but same problem now with them having reserves they can use that. Always going to be a problem for our clubs. Just have to grin and bear it this season and get used to the jibes. ?

Then the age old problem of geography gets us Cumbrians. If a decent player can get a game in the championship without travelling  up and down to west Cumbria  then they will. If one came available  you'd see Oldham or swinton all over it or sheffield batley or dewsbury. 

1 minute ago, havenhater said:

What happened with ridyard? Third choice at leigh offered a chance in the championship why not come to jam? Probably wanting a silly sum

In his testimonial season I think. Was rumours from a haven fan on here he was available for 20k.

6 hours ago, Cumbria RL said:

So u think u would get a different squad if u we’re in championship?

To survive in the Championship you either need loads of cash or have built a team over a few years good enough to compete like York have done. Unfortunately haven have neither of these, last season was great for them but it came out of the blue, nohody expected it and they are paying the price for that success. Its a bit like you're damned if you do and damned if you dont. The step up is too much for most clubs, that's why I would like us to go back to 2 divisions with the funding equal for all. I quite enjoyed last night's game, 2 evenly matched sides with Dion and Abram the stand out players on the field. Dion needs to stay clear of injuries if haven are to survive. It was a poor crowd last night but what do you expect with a Sunday night KO and the game being streamed, the likes of Batley, Dewsbury, Sheffield and Swinton might have pulled in less. 

11 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

So this is not wrote on the Haven forum then? 

Someone mentioned Duel Deg if we want to stay in this league it’s a necessity.

And again 1 poster hardly qualifies as all the Haven fans are calling for DR now does it. 

1 hour ago, unicorn106 said:

To survive in the Championship you either need loads of cash or have built a team over a few years good enough to compete like York have done. Unfortunately haven have neither of these, last season was great for them but it came out of the blue, nohody expected it and they are paying the price for that success. Its a bit like you're damned if you do and damned if you dont. The step up is too much for most clubs, that's why I would like us to go back to 2 divisions with the funding equal for all. I quite enjoyed last night's game, 2 evenly matched sides with Dion and Abram the stand out players on the field. Dion needs to stay clear of injuries if haven are to survive. It was a poor crowd last night but what do you expect with a Sunday night KO and the game being streamed, the likes of Batley, Dewsbury, Sheffield and Swinton might have pulled in less. 

Even York significantly strengthened their squad for the Championship,any promoted club with ambition to compete will have to do so.

Sadly Haven couldn’t/didn’t and we are now seeing the result.

Archived