Best match day experience for young kids?

I'm considering travelling over from Ireland at some stage this season to take my 7 year-old to see a game of "proper Rugby", as he puts it. Would anyone have any suggestions as to clubs that provide a better environment for youngsters? I'd even consider the Championship...

10 hours ago, Rhinoferg said:

If you time it right you could also fit in a super league game. It depends on your 7 year olds attention span. If they could last then Magic Weekend at Newcastle would be good or the Summer Bash at Blackpool if they are still doing it

A multi-game event might be a bit much for a lot of 7yo kids.

If it is going to be his first live experience, make it one game, and a big one in a full stadium. A Derby or a derby. :kolobok_wink: 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Warrington is a very good match day experience but probably can’t match the pre and post-match facilities (nice Pubs and restaurants) in the area that Headingley (Leeds) does...   it’s a very decent day out.

However, for access from overseas Warrington trumps it - the train from Manchester airport stops across the road from the Stadium and there are a good few Premier Inns and Travelodges in the town centre.

Wigan doesn’t even have a pier anymore so not much touristy stuff to do.   Shame as it used to be a great day out at the Victorian classroom on school trips.

On 29/01/2020 at 23:14, CrushersForever said:

I'm considering travelling over from Ireland at some stage this season to take my 7 year-old to see a game of "proper Rugby", as he puts it. Would anyone have any suggestions as to clubs that provide a better environment for youngsters? I'd even consider the Championship...

Do you have a date/month in mind,so I could check the fixtures over a particular weekend?

Keighley Cougars has a family feel to their fixtures and an old fashioned stadium allowing access to all areas,and close to the action;with an option to seating or standing.

Staying in the heartland offers the chance of taking in a few nights/days of games,at various clubs - as well as off-field interests.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

9 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Do you have a date/month in mind,so I could check the fixtures over a particular weekend?

Keighley Cougars has a family feel to their fixtures and an old fashioned stadium allowing access to all areas,and close to the action;with an option to seating or standing.

Staying in the heartland offers the chance of taking in a few nights/days of games,at various clubs - as well as off-field interests.

Already suggested Cougars!

Lol

Another test is if he still likes rugby league after watching Keighley he'll watch owt lol

On 29/01/2020 at 23:14, CrushersForever said:

Saints and it's your closest team, good stadium, dedicated family stands and good for glory hunting !

Archived