Dane Chisholm 3 match ban

As per title, for the incident involving Briscoe in the Leeds game.

Really think this is harsh for what the incident involved, but the rule looks to be part of the problem. For me, this wasn't anywhere near as bad as when players throw or drop players to the ground, but the only possible gradings for lifting a player into a dangerous position are B-D which carry a range of 2-4 games, whereas throwing a player into the ground goes from Grade D to E.

Big blow for us as (unless he successfully appeals) he'll miss the games against Fax and Bradford plus our first Challenge Cup game.

37 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

As per title, for the incident involving Briscoe in the Leeds game.

Really think this is harsh for what the incident involved, but the rule looks to be part of the problem. For me, this wasn't anywhere near as bad as when players throw or drop players to the ground, but the only possible gradings for lifting a player into a dangerous position are B-D which carry a range of 2-4 games, whereas throwing a player into the ground goes from Grade D to E.

Big blow for us as (unless he successfully appeals) he'll miss the games against Fax and Bradford plus our first Challenge Cup game.

Step forward Callum McClelland.

16 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Step forward Callum McClelland.

I think McLelland was going to be playing for us anyway, but it would be very surprising if he were made available for the Challenge Cup. Might be a chance for Sweeting to partner Jouffret in the Cup, unless Webster fancies rolling out Bussey to fill his patented "prop half" role.

3 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think McLelland was going to be playing for us anyway, but it would be very surprising if he were made available for the Challenge Cup. Might be a chance for Sweeting to partner Jouffret in the Cup, unless Webster fancies rolling out Bussey to fill his patented "prop half" role.

Looking at our potential Cup opponents (no disrespect intended) but we should be O.K without Chisholm.

As for the 2 league games, a pairing of McClelland and Joufret should be O.K.

24 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Looking at our potential Cup opponents (no disrespect intended) but we should be O.K without Chisholm.

As for the 2 league games, a pairing of McClelland and Joufret should be O.K.

Agree, but the issue for me is that by all accounts we haven't had much time training with ball in hand - Chisholm himself was overseas for some of the early training sessions I believe, and he has a completely new left edge trio to combine with in Ferres, Worthington and Blackmore.

Very harsh decision by the RFL for me, when he did it his body language looked like he realised he had made a mistake, but there didn't seem to be any malice in it. It will be interesting to see what the Super League teams get away with this season compared to this. But we all know how inconsistent the RFL are with their disciplinary decisions, and how they show leniency to SL teams compared to the Lower Leagues.

Didnt look good at first viewing did not expect to see him get a 3 game ban though but there was a few “iffy” lifts and tackles he got away with last season

As said hope the club appeal but as also said Mclleland should slot straight in there

This is ridiculous. The tackle was mistimed, but innocuous against a player that Chisholm expects to be his teammate this season. He apologised immediately and that  should have been the end of the matter. The RFL are a bunch of jobsworths.

34 minutes ago, coolie said:

Why isn't he banned for the Batley game?? 

Surely it starts on the next available fixture. 

Because it starts the week after the hearing, same as it has for as long as I can remember. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

6 minutes ago, haskey said:

I just wonder how many matches Chris Hill gets for his high tackle and sending off in the Wigan / Warrington match tonight?????

What about the tackle on Jackson Hastings? Very similar, but was only a penalty. - This was on the Warrington try line, think it was Ben Murdoch Masila.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Three match ban is ridiculous, but at least Fev are fortunate in that the third game he will miss will be a cup tie, probably against an amateur club or a League 1 side? No point in appealing because if it failed and the ban got extended he would miss the crucial away game at London. Hope he's not ring rusty for that one?

23 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

It's clear that they have set the stall out for tackles like this for the rest of the season.

If it is consistent - then fair's fair.

They can make their mouths say owt. Oh yes, they hey have had strict instructions regarding correct play the ball. I believe I saw about half a dozen during the Wigan game. Nothing has altered and if that game was a portend of things to come, heaven help us.

Archived