MOM v Batley away

jamescolin

Please let me have your Rovers MOM v Batley. First three choices please. I will usually put the heading up on Friday morning. As this is the first I have started a little earlier so comments if any can be made.Comments before the game ,and after it will be welcome. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No votes. No comments either before or after the match. Match Thread has obviously taken over. Because of the lack of interest as trophies and awards have ended for us I reckon this is the end of MOM as we know it. I therefore resign from taking the stats and figures for the matches. If Steve wants to carry on in some way I will leave it to him.. Cheers.

36 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

No votes. No comments either before or after the match. Match Thread has obviously taken over. Because of the lack of interest as trophies and awards have ended for us I reckon this is the end of MOM as we know it. I therefore resign from taking the stats and figures for the matches. If Steve wants to carry on in some way I will leave it to him.. Cheers.

Eh? The match only finished a couple of hours ago, if fans went to the pub after the game they might not even be home yet, let alone the ones who want to watch the game on RoversTV before deciding. Last year you gave people up until Friday to register their vote but now the time limit is 3 hours after the game?

The match thread has been there for years and is where people comment on the game before and after. It hasn't "taken over", it has continued as before, and often features comments from people who don't vote on the MOTM thread. It often runs to several pages and it would make little sense trying to get people to make their general comments on the MOTM thread as the nominations would be much harder to count amongst all the other comments.

13 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Colin I came straight home after yesterday’s game and straight away watched the other two games I’d recorded. I haven’t had time to reflect yet, also like I’ve said before some fans chose to look at the DVD they purchase before they make their minds up and this sometimes isn’t available till Tuesday or Wednesday. If that’s the way you feel let’s just do the mom for fun like we used to then it takes the pressure off you ??

Im Fev and im proud

Colin, I couldn't get to the game due to family illness, although I did listen in on RoversTV. I hope you are better now, and Pat too? The main issue of this poll is whether you are enjoying running it or not? If so please carry on, although there could be times, such as after a poor away performance, when you don't get many votes and this can be disheartening. I gave it up because around the same time as I started writing for both rugby papers my wife took ill and my Sunday's seemed to be taken away from the more important things in life.

I will endeavour to vote, however, after I've watched the recording.

38 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I get this..... win together lose together.

I get this too, sometimes it’s very hard to choose only one outstanding player, sometimes it’s very hard to chose one outstanding player.......if you get my drift!!! 

Im Fev and im proud

2 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

Colin, I couldn't get to the game due to family illness, although I did listen in on RoversTV. I hope you are better now, and Pat too? The main issue of this poll is whether you are enjoying running it or not? If so please carry on, although there could be times, such as after a poor away performance, when you don't get many votes and this can be disheartening. I gave it up because around the same time as I started writing for both rugby papers my wife took ill and my Sunday's seemed to be taken away from the more important things in life.

I will endeavour to vote, however, after I've watched the recording.

Hi Steve, Recovering now but have been laid up for nearly a month with this flu bug. The response has now been positive and I will carry  on and enjoy.  All the best. Pat is improving and I am almost back to my best. Hope your family is improving. See you Colin.

Archived