MOM v Batley away

jamescolin

May I say thank you to everybody for the very positive response. After the count up so far, Chisholm has a commanding lead, followed by Susino and McLelland. I will of course take the counting up to Friday as usual. UTR. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Maureen T-k said:

I get this too, sometimes it’s very hard to choose only one outstanding player, sometimes it’s very hard to chose one outstanding player.......if you get my drift!!! 

Hi Mo,

I understand where this theme is coming from but if we all vote for the team as a whole it would be very hard to obtain a MOM at the end of the season. I am happy with the votes made and the selection is based on how certain players excelled in a game. 

4 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

1. All 17, same as every time we play. It's a team game.

Yes Mark it IS a team game. But every team has to have a leader or a participant who makes a better than average contribution. The idea is to find out who the supporters as a whole think a certain player has done most for the success achieved. 

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 13:29, marklaspalmas said:

1. All 17, same as every time we play. It's a team game.

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 14:24, Robin Evans said:

I get this..... win together lose together.

mmmm I'm not sure about this idealistic viewpoint.  There's a couple of games in particular last year when I would have very reluctantly given Will Dagger a vote with the other 16.

Anyway what next ? - ban all talk on the terraces as to who is having a good game ? 

1.  Chisholm -  by a mile

Struggling with the next two as there was some good bad and ugly from all of them...

2. Blackmore - took some work off the pack and got us moving forward particularly in the first half.  Looks as good as the 2015 version

3. Ferres - Some strong runs, big hits and good ball skills.  Didn't look like he was just here for the money - could be good for us.

25 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

mmmm I'm not sure about this idealistic viewpoint.  There's a couple of games in particular last year when I would have very reluctantly given Will Dagger a vote with the other 16.

Anyway what next ? - ban all talk on the terraces as to who is having a good game ? 

Please yourself for me Rob. Just cos i don't partake doesn't mean you or anyone else shouldn't.

I think its natural to say who did or didn't have a good game. The mom thing just int for me for reasons stated. You enjoy it. Good. C'est la vie

1 hour ago, RobLambert said:

It's not idealistic. RL really is a team game.

Who wants to ban anything? I've never liked MOM. Plenty do though, and this thread is always worth a read.

Steve, and latterly Colin have done a good job keeping it going.

I like the comments on the choice of player. Keep it up. I have another thought for you. Chisholm is leading by a bucketful. I am still for each game giving three marks to the top scorer for that game with two for the second and one for the third. I am going to amend slightly. If any players wins the voting and scores more than 50 votes I am going to give a bonus point. At the moment Chisholm has 66 votes and so as we reach the end of the voting unless a miracle happens and he doesn't win, he will get 4 marks. So will any other winner scoring over 50 votes for that game. At the moment Susino is second in the voting with 18, and Mcllelland third with 13. To give Chisholm only one point extra at the end of the voting for this match doesn't  give enough credit to him. I hope you are happy with my thoughts on this matter. Other players could also qualify depending on their performances and the voting for them in forthcoming matches.

8 hours ago, Adam B said:

Chisholm

Hall

Blackmore/Parata

Thanks for your efforts Col - keep up the good work!

Thanks for that Adam B. I do my best and am happy to carry on as long as I can if I get comments of that nature. If only we could work out a place to meet and a presentation it would be great but as a substitute for the ideal I reckon what we do is to make us a team of supporters. Cheers.

8 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Please yourself for me Rob. Just cos i don't partake doesn't mean you or anyone else shouldn't.

I think its natural to say who did or didn't have a good game. The mom thing just int for me for reasons stated. You enjoy it. Good. C'est la vie

6 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

It's not idealistic. RL really is a team game.

Who wants to ban anything? I've never liked MOM. Plenty do though, and this thread is always worth a read.

Steve, and latterly Colin have done a good job keeping it going.

Are the player of the season awards ok ?

14 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Thanks for that Adam B. I do my best and am happy to carry on as long as I can if I get comments of that nature. If only we could work out a place to meet and a presentation it would be great but as a substitute for the ideal I reckon what we do is to make us a team of supporters. Cheers.

colin  i don't vote   cos can't get to away games for grandad duties ?‍?‍?   but I assume it's league player of the year so  at  a playoff game get rovers tv to stick their camera in the face of the winner you give him the forum;s trophy and let him say a few words  then  put it on rovers tv for forum members to watch I don't think the forum needs a big presentation  night as such leave that to the club and their sponsers  for their 

• Player of the Year
  • Players’ Player of the Year
  • Supporters Player of the Year
  • Clubman of the Year
  • Hitman of the Year
  • Young Player of the Year
  • Top Try Scorer
  • Try of the Year

6 hours ago, POR said:

colin  i don't vote   cos can't get to away games for grandad duties ?‍?‍?   but I assume it's league player of the year so  at  a playoff game get rovers tv to stick their camera in the face of the winner you give him the forum;s trophy and let him say a few words  then  put it on rovers tv for forum members to watch I don't think the forum needs a big presentation  night as such leave that to the club and their sponsers  for their 

• Player of the Year
  • Players’ Player of the Year
  • Supporters Player of the Year
  • Clubman of the Year
  • Hitman of the Year
  • Young Player of the Year
  • Top Try Scorer
  • Try of the Year

Hi POR ,

Thanks for your comments. Steve and I have been down many road trying to coordinate our MOM with the official club one. They are now using social media so any use of their facilities would be out. I had a thought that we could be entirely independent by opening a Bank Account entitled: TOTAL RL MOM AWARDS. Featherstone Rovers Fans Forum. We could print some award certificates and if the supporters would like to give a small donation each we could send a cheque to the winner with the certificate. He would know who it came from and we could publicise it after we had sent it to him by post. This would be an entirely separate matter from the official club procedure so we would not be using any of their equipment and our voting would be separate. Just a thought and I would like Steve to give his views. Whether Total RL would contribute perhaps he could tell us. Any other thoughts would be welcome.

We could just do it for fun, and loose all the stress of how and when to make a presentation. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Archived