Folau

frank

Not wanting to bring this subject up again.I haven't posted on this site for a  couple of days due to being called a leftie.This after I stated that Folau should be allowed to play again.The person who made that remark doesn't know me, so why get personal?Just show some respect when addressing others, because although we hold different views we all love this game of ours.For the record I am not a leftie

1st of all i get that it can be offensive to gay people to say Christianity says youll go to hell for being gay unless you repent and find God. But if your gay and not christian what do you really care about a religious afterlife you dont believe in anyway? If you are gay and christian now thats a tricky one, not to mention gay and a muslim. But as we are speaking of Christians are actually following the religions teachings to show love to everybody, love your neighbor, love your enemy etc. you cannot have hate for anybody.  

Little known fact Israel Folau's wife Maria Folau supported a netball team mates lesbian marriage. Folau himself appeared on cover of a gay magazine to promote a gay rugby tournament.

https://www.attitude.co.uk/article/out-netball-star-ash-brazill-says-israel-folaus-wife-congratulated-her-on-her-wedding-day/20830/

One thing i would like to say is that the origin of Folau belief comes from British missionaries coming to the Pacific with fire and brimstone Christianity 200 years ago that was even more fundamentalist than Isareal Folau's beliefs!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12035525 

9 minutes ago, kiwis 13 6 said:

1st of all i get that it can be offensive to gay people to say Christianity says youll go to hell for being gay unless you repent and find God. But if your gay and not christian what do you really care about a religious afterlife you dont believe in anyway? If you are gay and christian now thats a tricky one, not to mention gay and a muslim. But as we are speaking of Christians are actually following the religions teachings to show love to everybody, love your neighbor, love your enemy etc. you cannot have hate for anybody.  

Little known fact Israel Folau's wife Maria Folau supported a netball team mates lesbian marriage. Folau himself appeared on cover of a gay magazine to promote a gay rugby tournament.

https://www.attitude.co.uk/article/out-netball-star-ash-brazill-says-israel-folaus-wife-congratulated-her-on-her-wedding-day/20830/

One thing i would like to say is that the origin of Folau belief comes from British missionaries coming to the Pacific with fire and brimstone Christianity 200 years ago that was even more fundamentalist than Isareal Folau's beliefs!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12035525 

None of that is relevant.

If you own a business and your high profile spokesperson was threatening your profits, you should be able to sack them instead of watching your brand and profits go do the toilet.

20 minutes ago, Copa said:

If you own a business and your high profile spokesperson was threatening your profits, you should be able to sack them instead of watching your brand and profits go do the toilet.

Its Cultural superiority at its worst British came to the Pacific 200 years ago, Captain Cook was from Hull, bringing with them Christianity! Never mind what the local people of the pacific believed in or that they actually had a 3rd gay gender Fafafine/Fakaleti/LeLe etc that missionaries preached against. Now that UK and west is all into free love they want to demonize people  in the pacific adhering to the very religious values there British ancestors brought to the pacific, Very Ironic!  

Mainstream media is shrinking and to attract views it often devolves in divisiveness if you say anti gay bigot Israel  Folau in newspaper articles enough times, people just start thinking, thats that bigot Israel Folau. When the truth is he means no harm to anyone in this life, just that his religion states that homosexuals among others who do not repent and accept Christianity will go to hell in the afterlife. Then there is the rise of social media, social justice warriors... who are self appointed speakers on behalf of people when they usually have not been appointed by anyone from the groups they claim to speak on behalf. It usually #outrage and just wanting to scream past and at people online, rather than have a two way dialogue to help people understand where each other are coming from.

26 minutes ago, kiwis 13 6 said:

Its Cultural superiority at its worst British came to the Pacific 200 years ago, Captain Cook was from Hull, bringing with them Christianity! Never mind what the local people of the pacific believed in or that they actually had a 3rd gay gender Fafafine/Fakaleti/LeLe etc that missionaries preached against. Now that UK and west is all into free love they want to demonize people  in the pacific adhering to the very religious values there British ancestors brought to the pacific, Very Ironic!  

Mainstream media is shrinking and to attract views it often devolves in divisiveness if you say anti gay bigot Israel  Folau in newspaper articles enough times, people just start thinking, thats that bigot Israel Folau. When the truth is he means no harm to anyone in this life, just that his religion states that homosexuals among others who do not repent and accept Christianity will go to hell in the afterlife. Then there is the rise of social media, social justice warriors... who are self appointed speakers on behalf of people when they usually have not been appointed by anyone from the groups they claim to speak on behalf. It usually #outrage and just wanting to scream past and at people online, rather than have a two way dialogue to help people understand where each other are coming from.

If I ran a business that was under threat of losing money because my highest profile spokesperson was giving my business a bad image. I want to be able to sack them.

The current government in Australia is currently showing again its anti-conservative streak by wanting to legislate to meddle in the running of businesses to protect reputation trashing spokespeople like Folau and make running a business more difficult.

In fact the current government in Australia loves meddling in lives of people, both personal and business life. They actually aren’t conservatives at all, they simply look after friends.

Anyway this is way off topic and this thread should be sent the the thread graveyard.

5 hours ago, frank said:

Not wanting to bring this subject up again.I haven't posted on this site for a  couple of days due to being called a leftie.This after I stated that Folau should be allowed to play again.The person who made that remark doesn't know me, so why get personal?Just show some respect when addressing others, because although we hold different views we all love this game of ours.For the record I am not a leftie

Please leave your far right opinions at the door.

5 hours ago, Copa said:

Why do you think Folau threatens RL profits? Do you seriously think anyone of going to stop watching the game that they love because someone who plays it had opinions different to theirs? 

14 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Why do you think Folau threatens RL profits? Do you seriously think anyone of going to stop watching the game that they love because someone who plays it had opinions different to theirs? 

Of course he threatens profits. He’s not the IT guy at a club, he’s a high profile player who is followed by the media.

Companies, both clubs and sponsors, don’t want to align themselves with his high profile views. Especially views that make the lives of vulnerable children even more miserable.

In the comments under an article I read in a French media article had comments from fans saying they will no longer support the dragons while he plays for them.

Even SL team bosses have already threatened the dragons with legal action should they lose sponsors.

5 minutes ago, Copa said:

Of course he threatens profits. He’s not the IT guy at a club, he’s a high profile player who is followed by the media.

Companies, both clubs and sponsors, don’t want to align themselves with his high profile views. Especially views that make the lives of vulnerable children even more miserable.

In the comments under an article I read in a French media article had comments from fans saying they will no longer support the dragons while he plays for them.

Even SL team bosses have already threatened the dragons with legal action should they lose sponsors.

Interesting about the fans, and whether they were actually Catalans fans or not, and if they are whether they’ll actually stop supporting them or not. Only their attendances will be the gauge of that. 

Incidentally gambling can considerably worsen the lives of vulnerable children, more than Folau’s idiotic social media comments ever could, but I don’t see any club or fan protesting against that. 

My apologies Cook was from Middlesborough. From what Ive read of Cook seemed to a reasonable person for the time, stopped his crew from getting scurvy, He had the sense to take a Tahitian called Tupaia on one of the journeys who had already traveled the pacific and was able to understand different polynesian dialects of the pacific and act as an interpreter. Beside one or two skirmishes over cultural misunderstanding his usual policy was to avoid violence with local people in the pacific but he died as a result of one of theses skirmishes in Hawaii. Point I was trying to make was Cook opened up the pacific for British Christian missionaries who followed after Cook. Now there is Israel Folau adhering to to type of Christianity originally bought by British christian missionaries to the Pacific about 200 years ago.  

Archived