Widnes away

RogerT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reasonable scoreline away from home, just need that little bit extra or to start a little better.

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Moor conference open age played dogs Saturday morning in a grab training session. Even a mate said centres were lacking.

Scotty lost his spot to hooley?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I think we're short on wingers. Hooley kicked too. I'd guess he prefers Hooley at full back too

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Firstly, no disrespect to Hooley, but Scotty has proved beyond all doubt to be a superb full-back and must feel down at this positional demotion. Dale was in the squad, has kicked well (don't think he's missed one in the 5 games), did he suddenly become unfit between Friday and Sunday? As much I took great heart from running Fev close for so much of the game last week I lose the same amount of heart at this result. Widnes are nowhere near the same standard, a pitch is a pitch, can't blame conditions as Widnes played ok in it, yet we've gone down by 20 again after keeping it tight. We are in need of a real shot in the arm from somebody (2somebodies?) who can keep driving us for 80 minutes. Losing 2 games doesn't have to be a disaster but maybe another couple could well be.

20 minutes ago, phildog said:

Firstly, no disrespect to Hooley, but Scotty has proved beyond all doubt to be a superb full-back and must feel down at this positional demotion. Dale was in the squad, has kicked well (don't think he's missed one in the 5 games), did he suddenly become unfit between Friday and Sunday? As much I took great heart from running Fev close for so much of the game last week I lose the same amount of heart at this result. Widnes are nowhere near the same standard, a pitch is a pitch, can't blame conditions as Widnes played ok in it, yet we've gone down by 20 again after keeping it tight. We are in need of a real shot in the arm from somebody (2somebodies?) who can keep driving us for 80 minutes. Losing 2 games doesn't have to be a disaster but maybe another couple could well be.

Yes!

Morton injured in training I heard. Scott is excellent defensively, but doesn't offer so much offensively imo

I felt Hooley had a decent game against Fev, why would you have dropped him Phil? 

Why are you losing heart after this week? 

Widnes have a pretty competitive squad this year and won't be far off the playoffs if they don't make it in to them. They held us up over the line twice by the sounds of things too. 

Yes at least we have not spent a couple of million to get the same results.

I would think that most supporters did not expect anything from the first two matches, be in the game to half time or even a bit longer then lose out because we can get to the try line but not have the craft to break the on line defence.

Hopefully our season will start next week against Swinton who I imagine will be in our group in the Championship.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

3 minutes ago, ernieone said:

Yes at least we have not spent a couple of million to get the same results.

I would think that most supporters did not expect anything from the first two matches, be in the game to half time or even a bit longer then lose out because we can get to the try line but not have the craft to break the on line defence.

Hopefully our season will start next week against Swinton who I imagine will be in our group in the Championship.

I didn’t expect to be the games tbh,  but when you are in the game and you throw away the game like we did against fev is annoying

same today we were in the game at 16-12 a silly offload and the game changes... I bet lingard is frustrated as he knows he could of had 4 points instead of 0... 

If we don’t win next week we really are up against it in terms of the season With Oldham playing Whitehaven , dewsbury vs fax it could be a 4 pointer  

DF, I disagree with your view of Widnes's squad, they're nothing special,that was a game we should have been well capable of winning. Yes, Hooley did have a decent game, Scotty offers nothing offensively? Scored a fair few tries I seem to recall....for heaven's sake he's an international player, regardless of where you place Scotland in international circles. Never mind eh...says on Rhinos Twitter they've done a DR eith us as well as Fev, will be interesting to see the quality they send us....

51 minutes ago, phildog said:

DF, I disagree with your view of Widnes's squad, they're nothing special,that was a game we should have been well capable of winning. Yes, Hooley did have a decent game, Scotty offers nothing offensively? Scored a fair few tries I seem to recall....for heaven's sake he's an international player, regardless of where you place Scotland in international circles. Never mind eh...says on Rhinos Twitter they've done a DR eith us as well as Fev, will be interesting to see the quality they send us....

Not sure how they've DR'd with Batley unless they've either ended their arrangement with Fev or it's a 'reserve grade' agreement (which would mean players from Batley to Leeds Reserves only)….I can't see the tweet referred to either

6 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Not sure how they've DR'd with Batley unless they've either ended their arrangement with Fev or it's a 'reserve grade' agreement (which would mean players from Batley to Leeds Reserves only)….I can't see the tweet referred to either

It's in today's League Express, Batley set to send fringe 1st-teamers to play in Leeds reserves.

Presumably there will be a mass pitchforks-and-torches convergence on Mount Pleasant tonight.

22 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Agree....Leeds reserve team only but 1 way 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

11 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

It's in today's League Express, Batley set to send fringe 1st-teamers to play in Leeds reserves.

Presumably there will be a mass pitchforks-and-torches convergence on Mount Pleasant tonight.

Don't mind our lads getting game time with them, but don't want DR with Leeds only loanees please

Is this a single arrangement for Jack Broadbent I wonder at centre

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Have you seen our squad we cannot send any backs  for game time as we are struggling for numbers ourselves. It says nothing of us benefitting from Leeds players . I hope we do get new players, from Leeds or other teams , but either sign them permanently or on loan deals  My views have not changed D/R is not good for the championship. But as has been said the subject needs putting to bed. As supporters we have no say, but eventually maybe the penny will drop with the powers that be and community clubs will run with their own squads and maybe even run second teams we live in hope.

4 minutes ago, Graham Greaves said:

Have you seen our squad we cannot send any backs  for game time as we are struggling for numbers. It says nothing of us benefitting from Leeds players. 

On the other thread you were saying DR should be for youngsters but now it sounds like some of your 1st team squad fringe players will be taking the place of youngsters in the Leeds reserve team. Hmmm.

2 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

On the other thread you were saying DR should be for youngsters but now it sounds like some of your 1st team squad fringe players will be taking the place of youngsters in the Leeds reserve team. Hmmm.

You need to remove the chip from your shoulder mate. I am correct in saying D/R was for younger players and nowhere have you seen me go against that. As I said we  supporters have no say in what happens between clubs. I am also sure Leeds are running an academy as well as reserves so I do not think young players will not get game time. Personally I wish we had the funds to run a second team. Enjoy your rugby and as has been said time to put this to bed.

No chip here, it's not me that brings up DR every time Fev play Batley. I, Robin and a few others just respond by pointing out the double standards.

Cannot speak for other people but I have my own feelings on this matter and stick to them. I do not do double standards

No chip here, it's not me that brings up DR every time Fev play Batley. I, Robin and a few others just respond by pointing out the double standards.

Yaaaawwwnnnnn. The Fev match thread got derailed into a tiresome debate around DR, can we keep this one on topic, please?

Archived