Widnes away

RogerT

5 hours ago, phildog said:

DF, I disagree with your view of Widnes's squad, they're nothing special, that was a game we should have been well capable of winning.

A coach that has one of the best international records in the game. I'd happily take Craven, Spedding and Grady off there hands without giving it much thought. Nothing special - Really? 

I guess we'll see where they end up at the end of the season. I'd be willing to gamble a shiny pound coin with you they will not be in the relegation battle come the end of the season. ?

Yes, Hooley did have a decent game... 

But you would still drop him, despite his good game, for a guy that has been out of form recently?

Forgive me, but my memory is fading, were you not slating Diskin for that same reason just last season and spouting about how deplorable it was, and how detrimental to team spirit that sort of thing is?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BatleyBird said:

Yaaaawwwnnnnn. The Fev match thread got derailed into a tiresome debate around DR, can we keep this one on topic, please?

Fair comment BB it sounds like we put up a good show at Widnes could not attend due to family commitments. We certainly cannot complain about effort from the team but unless we bring in bodies to bolster our depleted backline then I fear it will be a long season of struggle. 2pts. against Swinton is a must. Lose that and the alarm bells will be ringing loud and clear.

1 hour ago, Graham Greaves said:

Fair comment BB it sounds like we put up a good show at Widnes could not attend due to family commitments. We certainly cannot complain about effort from the team but unless we bring in bodies to bolster our depleted backline then I fear it will be a long season of struggle. 2pts. against Swinton is a must. Lose that and the alarm bells will be ringing loud and clear.

Yep. Definitely a four pointer against Swinton!! I haven't been able to get to either game yet, I'll wear my lucky hat on Sunday, see if that helps ☺️

19 hours ago, phildog said:

DF, I disagree with your view of Widnes's squad, they're nothing special,that was a game we should have been well capable of winning. Yes, Hooley did have a decent game, Scotty offers nothing offensively? Scored a fair few tries I seem to recall....for heaven's sake he's an international player, regardless of where you place Scotland in international circles. Never mind eh...says on Rhinos Twitter they've done a DR eith us as well as Fev, will be interesting to see the quality they send us....

Scott played centre for Scotland this year. Alex Walker of Wakefield and Coote of St Helens keep him out of full back. Maybe we should try him there? 

From pre-season form I feel Hooley deserved to start at full back and have a few games in that role. Scotty hasn't been the same player since Sheffield away last year in the 1895 Cup imo.

35 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Some try that Speding scored against us ?

It was a cracking move for that try, but there looked to be a question mark over the grounding I felt looking at the highlights. The last one looked pretty dubious too, I wasn't sure the winger wasn't in touch prior to passing it infield and it wasn't clear whether the fullback grounded the ball prior to reaching over to score, or whether he put it down on the legs of the defender/and or momentum was stopped. Never-the-less they looked a pretty decent side from the short video I saw. 

Archived