Latest on injuries

jroyales

With a squad so small any injury will cause us problems. We started the season with only 17 fit players out of a squad of 21.

The Yeds give everything they had against Widnes and there were lots of battered bodies after the match. My biggest concern

is Bridges, he looked in a lot of pain when he came off. If he is out we are down to only 16 battered players to face Toulouse. 

Oldham are not scraping the barrel they have gone right through the bottom of it.

ch should hang his head in shame if he knows the meaning of that, he as created a out and out disaster.

it looks like Oldham will have 15 so called fit players for the Toulouse match. these players are part time and will have week day jobs if they get injured and have to have time off work and no money the club are asking to much of them by far a utter disgrace.

and what are the rugby league laws on this do you have to have a set number of fit players to form a squad for the match to go ahead.

It's not making for good reading. God help us at Toulouse. As long as we don't pick up any other injuries, that's all we can hope for. As tandle said our players are part time, some of them with families to feed so their jobs will take priority and so they should. We can cross our fingers, it's about all we can do. 

I hope the list of missing players does not put you guys off too much. It's super hard for the proper part timers and I can fully appreciate the effort they put in. For those coming over this weekend, both team and fans, I hope you enjoy the city, sun and welcome. 

image.png.64a82354402f318e958062bfc55b3535.png

hi kiggy last season Toulouse had 10 management staff and a squad of 38 players, is it the same this season.

Oldham on saterday will be lucky if they can field  a squad of 16 fit players I fear for the Oldham players as I firmly believe they are putting their health and safety at risk

I do fear for the Oldham players in this match. but I do know that the welcome your club give the Oldham supporters will be first class as always

15 hours ago, tandle said:

hi kiggy last season Toulouse had 10 management staff and a squad of 38 players, is it the same this season.

Goodness me ! Where on earth did you come up with those numbers? Is that a thinly veiled wind up?

The Squad was 23 (24 this year, but 2 are from the Broncos). If you want to include the Broncos then I guess you might get close to 38 but only Lima was considered good enough. The irony in being known as a full time club is that the management (4 people of which 2 are part time) even Sylvain Houles is only part time....he has a farm to run. There is a married couple who come in to provide meals to the players, and they do all the kit washing, but they are volunteers. My son was working for free as the fitness conditioner/stats guru whilst studying for his Masters.

Con Mika is back, and Winterstein gets his 1st run out. If they play the VaiVai's  then yes, your guys are up against the big boys this weekend.

But.... this is a step up, this is where Oldham wants to be. You earned promotion last season for being the best in League 1, this is where the hard work starts and where the glory awaits. I still have family in and around Oldham (and up in Dobcross) so it's still a special place for me.

Je te souhaite bonne chance, mes amis

Archived